PDA

View Full Version : where is everyone?????

INDANGERED_BIRD
07-27-2009, 05:52 PM
hey guys last week i saw flip out in the company car:D congrats to getting the bird back on the road. How is everyone else i was hoping to get together for a BBQ Flip has volunteered his yard i was hoping for a good turnout what weekend would be good for everyone come on guys post up :eek::D:cool::rolleyes:

Chris

scxr7
07-27-2009, 06:14 PM
I'd show up but my cougar is under the knife right now. :(

Flip
07-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Hah, Good to see you back online. I'm open to whenever...:D:D:D

(The SC seems to running very good.:D)

89tird
07-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey Chris, any weekend after this week ,have to Install the new tranny on the crown vic, and my 95 is shifting so-so.:rolleyes:, hope to have it all fixed this week.

let me know a set date through PM.

kamakazie_1
07-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Good to see you posting there Chris, count me in.. Just let us know when..

RJ

SuperChicken89
07-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Glad to see your still around Chris. Haven't seen you post much at all since the show at Sun State Ford. I'm game for a BBQ for sure. Just as long as its not the next 2 weekends.

Bryan

Flip
07-28-2009, 08:04 AM
How does September 5th. sound? Saturday? Is that the best day for everyone?

INDANGERED_BIRD
07-28-2009, 08:19 AM
I'd show up but my cougar is under the knife right now. :(

sorry to hear the kitty is sick if there is anything i can do to help let me know:cool:and i hope for a speedy recovery but we will still let you in if you are not driving a SC
Chris

INDANGERED_BIRD
07-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Glad to see your still around Chris. Haven't seen you post much at all since the show at Sun State Ford. I'm game for a BBQ for sure. Just as long as its not the next 2 weekends.

Bryan

sorry guys.

I hate work if it didn't pay my bills (sort of) i stop doing it :D:D bin busy at work then with all this rain i have cut my lawn more this year then the last 3 years:eek::eek:

not much to talk about for me bird is running good (little hot) i am hoping to paint next month

R.J. hows the flock of white birds doing on the cost ???

flip the 5th sounds great with me
Chris

kamakazie_1
07-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Sept 5th sounds good to me, what are we doing pot luck?? we need a sign up sheet for what everyone is bringing??

D"Flock is doing ok Chris, lack of income on my son's point has kind of shifted all the burden to dad, but I kind of expected that. It's just going to take longer to do.. gonna be baaaaaddddd when it's done though, now if I could just win that freakin lotto!!!

RJ

INDANGERED_BIRD
07-28-2009, 09:24 AM
the 5th is a Wednesday :eek::eek: flip did you mean the 8Th

SuperChicken89
07-28-2009, 09:34 AM

Chris.... You need to turn the page on the calander again to the month of September:D The 5th is on a Wednesday in August and on Saturday in September.

I think the 5th is open for us.... I'll have to check with the Boss:) That should give me enough time to finish the latest round of mods to the SC.... I hope:rolleyes:

Bryan

Flip
07-28-2009, 09:34 AM

September 5th. Sat. not August 5th.:D

INDANGERED_BIRD
07-28-2009, 10:05 AM
i guess i need to READ the whole post:eek::eek: sorry flip the 5th of sept is great :cool:
Chris

Brad Klein
07-28-2009, 01:05 PM
I dont see a problem with that I can introduce the little one to dad's crazyness. I doubt I will have the car ready by then but I should be able to start putting it back together this weekend so it depends how smooth that goes. The bad part is I didnt take it apart so there are things every where :eek::eek:

kamakazie_1
07-28-2009, 04:53 PM
I dont see a problem with that I can introduce the little one to dad's crazyness. I doubt I will have the car ready by then but I should be able to start putting it back together this weekend so it depends how smooth that goes. The bad part is I didnt take it apart so there are things every where :eek::eek:

Oh lord, jigsaw puzzle at Brad's house!! :D

RJ

INDANGERED_BIRD
07-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Chris.... You need to turn the page on the calander again to the month of September:D The 5th is on a Wednesday in August and on Saturday in September.

I think the 5th is open for us.... I'll have to check with the Boss:) That should give me enough time to finish the latest round of mods to the SC.... I hope:rolleyes:

Bryan

OK OK you know stupid don't run in my family it gallops :eek::eek:
what new mods are you doing to the SC ???????

chris

scxr7
07-28-2009, 07:41 PM
oh you meant sep 5th. hmm, The cougar should be finished by then. but it will probably break between now and then also lol. where is the bbq at? I've never met anyone from sccoa in person before except one guy in PSL, fl.

kamakazie_1
07-28-2009, 10:38 PM
oh you meant sep 5th. hmm, The cougar should be finished by then. but it will probably break between now and then also lol. where is the bbq at? I've never met anyone from sccoa in person before except one guy in PSL, fl.

They are talking at Flip's place it's on the west side of Orlando, I've not been out there either but it's sure to be a blast, please come join us!!

RJ

SuperChicken89
07-28-2009, 10:45 PM
what new mods are you doing to the SC ???????

Nothing all that much. I pulled the blower apart again to remove the solid coupler and install a spring loaded coupler. The solid coupler made way too much noise in the MPX blower. I'm also in the process of adding and wiring in the triple gauge pod. I needed to add a boost gauge which will go up to 20psi and in the process decided to add real temperature and oil pressure gauges. But of course I had to maintain the functional factory gauges also. Can't have an instrument cluster with nonfunctioning gauges:D I also wired my AOD overdrive delete circuit to turn on the orange "Overdrive" warning light whenever overdrive is turned off. I still for the life of me can't understand why Ford had that orange overdrive warning light in the gauge cluster and didn't have it function. The overdrive warning light didn't even have a wire in the harness to make it function:rolleyes: Gotta wonder what they were thinking.

Bryan

scxr7
07-31-2009, 06:32 PM
HEY! I just picked up an average 93 sc last night:D. Bone stock for now. Gotta pull everything off the cougar and swap it into the tbird. do you guys go to orlando's drag strip when you guys meet up there? That sounds like a cool idea to me.

kamakazie_1
07-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Do we want to invite any of the NA birds to join us?

RJ

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Do we want to invite any of the NA birds to join us?

RJ

sounds good to me but this is Flip's place :D
what do you think Flip

i was thinking of making ribs and Brazilian beans (these are not backed beans) rice and salsa

Flip i know you have the big BBQ i was thinking to drop mine off and i can barrow two big coolers i will be going to costco to get the ribs maybe we can go together (if you buy form them) you where talking of brisket and chicken you still thinking the same way

now where is Glenn, Dan and Greg ??? and i am sure there are a few more guys here in Florida and close by post up

thanks Chris

kamakazie_1
08-02-2009, 09:03 AM
I've got a big Cooler if you need another one Chris... it's not one of those 5 foot long mothers but it's a nice big cooler..

Let me know I can hit Petty's Meats over here and pick up Chicken Breasts if everyone eats white meat.. I love Ribs, but the Dr. will not be happy with me if I stuff my self silly with Beef!!

RJ

Flip
08-03-2009, 06:13 PM
I have a few coolers and was going to do some chicken breast along with a few ribs, brisket, potatoes, etc... Chris maybe we can do a rib cookoff :eek:

You can drop off your grill if you want, I do have a large gas grill (The dark side) not sure which one you use.

The new Charcoal/Wood finally can in took almost 2 weeks to get here. Done a couple of mods to it already with a couple to go.. Just got it cured out yesterday so will take a couple of weeks to work out the bugs.

Sam's is fine with me I have a business account so I go there early before the crowds get there. But we can hook up when we get closer to the date.

Flip

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-03-2009, 07:22 PM
:D)
I have a few coolers and was going to do some chicken breast along with a few ribs, brisket, potatoes, etc... Chris maybe we can do a rib cookoff :eek:

You can drop off your grill if you want, I do have a large gas grill (The dark side) not sure which one you use.

The new Charcoal/Wood finally can in took almost 2 weeks to get here. Done a couple of mods to it already with a couple to go.. Just got it cured out yesterday so will take a couple of weeks to work out the bugs.

Sam's is fine with me I have a business account so I go there early before the crowds get there. But we can hook up when we get closer to the date.

Flip

OK Flip you calling my ribs out :eek::eek: OK your on (now i have to see how much everyone is going to charge to vote for me :D:D)

RJ if you want to bring some Brest's that will be great (the rest of you guys get your mind out of the gutter:D)as for the cooler great with ice will work

Flip what do you think??
""Do we want to invite any of the NA birds to join us?

RJ""

thanks Chris

Flip
08-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Sure, we might get double digit amount of of cars to show.

kamakazie_1
08-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Ok, I'll post it, are we set on the date?

RJ

Flip
08-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Believe it was set for September 5th (Sat) if that works for everybody. Can slip to the next Saturday the 12th.

Brad Klein
08-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Well as of right now I'm out
I blew the head gasket in my Altima on Tuesday so money became tight fast and it depends which way I fix it I have read it's easier to replace the motor then replace the gasket but its 3x the money

Flip
08-06-2009, 01:04 PM
I blew the head gasket in my Altima on Tuesday so money became tight fast and it depends which way I fix it I have read it's easier to replace the motor then replace the gasket but its 3x the money

Wow, does sound cheap either way.. sorry to hear that.

kamakazie_1
08-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Believe it was set for September 5th (Sat) if that works for everybody. Can slip to the next Saturday the 12th.

Have one taker from TCCOA, the young man that came out and met us at waterford Flip, remember over by where I parked..

RJ

kamakazie_1
08-06-2009, 09:07 PM

That Sucks Brad, we sure would like to see you and the family... I was gonna try to talk you into bringing me another copy of the SCCOFL stickers if you had them too..

RJ

scxr7
08-07-2009, 06:16 PM
september 5th?? aw man... well looks like I'm out. I'd go if it were the 12th but my girlfriend likes to do the 'anniversary' thing and its been 3 years..so I gotta pass. sorry :(

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-16-2009, 04:43 PM
OK guys i am starting to get somethings together flip i have two tables i think there 3' x 6' but i don't have chairs so guys if you want to sit bring a chair :)

are we still doing the 5th

who all is planning to show up still haven't heard form Glenn or Greg or Dan

i have got 8 racks of ribs thats like 20-25#s of ribs
i have a big pot i think it's 3 or 4 gals so 2- 2.5gals of beans
fresh salsa and rice

i have trash cans and big bags

things that are needed
paper plates forks and knives
drinks as in water,soda and beer
cups and napkins
chairs tables
and anything you want to bring to cook on the grill

and whatever you guys can think of

Chris

Flip
08-16-2009, 05:31 PM
I have plenty of tables and chairs out here, still think we are on for the 5th. going to be hot.:D

Sounds like you have the all the ribs needed maybe I will just do some pulled pork for it.

We was thinking of doing a grilled pot of black eye beans and ham.

We have trash cans and stuff also.

I would say bring whatever you want to drink we will have some water and soda.

kamakazie_1
08-17-2009, 07:39 AM
I'll be there and looks like two from TCCOA, I'll give them the link to this thread to keep up..

You guys want me to bring sodas or what??

Where is everyone else... no chiming in here lately!! Wassup with that!!

Bryan did you get your mods done??
I know Dan had a brake problem but the Lexus still runs!!
Glen, Gregg where are you guys??

RJ

onequiksc
08-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Count me out, I've been away 2 of the last 3 weeks and time is a priceless commodity right now, the weekends are the only free time I have. I hope to use that weekend to further work on the SC.

I'm so challenged by this time and technically, that I can only hope I have the brakes right by Silver Springs. Hard to swallow that but it's my reality.

Without question, I'd LOVE to attend otherwise. I miss the cars and the people. I really miss driving my car too.

Have a great time fellas,

Dan

SuperChicken89
08-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Right now it looks doubtful we will be able to attend on the 5th. My father turns 80 on the 4th and the family is planning somewhat of a surprise birthday party for him on the evening of the 5th. I would assume my brother's situation would be the same but I really can't answer for him:rolleyes: If for some reason the date for the get together changes, please let me know and we'll be there.

Bryan did you get your mods done??
RJ

Still working on them. I have the new gauges all wired in and the A pillar is painted to match the interior. Now I'm working on getting the factory temperature gauge functional again along with the new Autometer gauge. It's nothing a little reengineering can't resolve:D Overall everything should be completed within the next two weeks...... I hope;)

Bryan

Flip
08-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Just talked to Chris and we are canceling this date and will do at a later date when everyone can plan for it.

Maybe late October or November, might be a little cooler also.

SuperChicken89
08-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Just talked to Chris and we are canceling this date and will do at a later date when everyone can plan for it.

Maybe late October or November, might be a little cooler also.

I'll put my $.02 in. I know as of now the first 2 Saturdays in November are out for me. The 1st Saturday, November 7th, the Sunshine State Cougar Club is the featured car club at Old Town down in Cowsimmiee. I'll be there to say the least. The following Saturday, November 14th, I believe is a travel day for a business trip. The end of October should be open for us and the weather usually improves by mid-month as stated above.

Bryan

kamakazie_1
08-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Ok, well we'll have to do it some other time, I'll notify the TCCOA folks and unstick the thread..

RJ