This much for shocks?!?!?!?!?!?

Blown95

I just got new tires today, and before I left I asked my mechanic about some shocks for my 95 SC. he said he would call me back with a quote. Well he called back with a price of over $1100 to do all 4 of them. About $427 for the front pair, $348 for the rear pair, and some labor.
...I soiled my pants...
So, I did a search on this forum, and it turns out there are other solutions. Got a quote from shox.com:

Tokico's (electronic Adjustable) $419.00 for the Thunderbird SC
Tokico's are $224.00 (Not for the SC)
Bilsteins $339.00 (Eliminates the electronic adjustment)
Koni's $504.00 Externally Adjustable
(Eliminates the electronic adjustment)

Now I would like to use the ARC Tokico's, but I heard the Bilsteins and Koni's are good also. Considering I like to change from hard to soft, depending on who's in the car and what road I am on, while on the fly, Tokico's are a good candidate. Next question, how easy is this to replace? I have read this is a DYI; will I need any help? I never replaced shocks before...what tools will I need? I need a garage.....Will I need an alignment after I put the new shocks in? I just had one done with the tires today.

What do you guys think?

Blown95 - '95 SC 130k and still rollin'

SCHWEETTTT!!!!!

I just got of the phone with Dan. MAN!!!! those prices rock for OEM. I got the 4 shocks and a Ford Bra (something I have been looking for for a while) and it only cost me $492 + shipping. My local Ford dealer was going to charge $600 just for the shocks, and my regular mechanic...well read the ridiculous price above.

Thanks for the link Anthony!!!!!!!

PS. One more thing...Anyone live around KC that has done the shock replacement before that would be willing to help me?

Last edited:
He da man

Keep him in mind for all your Ford parts...all his prices are that good...nice guy, fast shipping, awesome prices...how do ya beat it?

Anthony

Back