help with a 2001 foucs? anyone?

92sclikenew

well this is a friends car i been working on and am having trouble figuring this one out... maybe someone on here might know?

starts out rpms wont drop below 3k
with mafs unpluged i can get it down to 700rpms but then it runs like crap!

tps is new and within range
mafs was swapped out with another

has a pending dtc of

p0113
p0102

both relate to the mafs
did have a code of p1120 tps low voltage fixed that by adjusting it

car was in an accident just a fender bender this didn't start to happen till about a week later, not sure if its related

i have read somewhere the other day that the intakes crack. wondering if that's the issue?

thanks for anyone that might be able to help out!

PO103 is a Maf circuit high input code. PO113 is Intake Temperature sensor circuit high. Need to monitor Datalogging with a scanner and see exactly what it is doing. Specifically, MAF and IAT voltages. If nothing comes of that then the Short and Longterm Fuel trim percentages need to be monitored. Is the IAT internal to the MAF on that vehicle or not? You may have two problems wrapped in one....Is this a 2.0L DOHC (Duratec) or 2.0L SOHC?

Last edited:
PO103 is a Maf circuit high input code. PO113 is Intake Temperature sensor circuit high. Need to monitor Datalogging with a scanner and see exactly what it is doing. Specifically, MAF and IAT voltages. If nothing comes of that then the Short and Longterm Fuel trim percentages need to be monitored. Is the IAT internal to the MAF on that vehicle or not? You may have two problems wrapped in one....Is this a 2.0L DOHC (Duratec) or 2.0L SOHC?

its the dohc i dont have a data logging scan tool just have a little autozone scaner. i did look up the codes

i told the owner that idk if i can fix it i was thinking its got a short somewhere.

im not sure what (IAT internal to the MAF)

the mafs sensor air box have all been changed from a salvage yard car and new tps. still same issues

acts like it has a bad idle air control motor. but didn't seem this car has one? this is my first time workin on a focus so i dont know much about them.

Last edited:
He needs to take it and have it diagnosed. I've told you what needs to be done above. Of course it has an IAC valve...Junk yard parts are just that...

i agree thats about what i told him since i dont have a scaner that can datalog

thanks for your help

He needs to take it and have it diagnosed. I've told you what needs to be done above. Of course it has an IAC valve...Junk yard parts are just that...

Junk yard parts----thats what you are driving on everyday---unless you buy a new car everyday.....................Dan

Back