SC motor in a cougar.....

sampsel

I got a 95 cougar with the 4.6 in it. i also have access to a 89 SC motor and trans, 5 speed. If i put this motor and trans in the cougar will the computer run the motor or do i have to switch the computer also?

it'll work just fine. you need to get the 5 speed driveshaft. the 89sc ecu with COMPLETE wiring harness. s/c motor mounts and trans mounts of course. s/c fuel pump, since the stockers aren't going to flow enough you need at least a 190lph fuel pump. you'll need the s/c radiator. forget about keeping the a/c unless you've done these kinds of things before. ummm what else is there... If you can get the 89 s/c motor/trans. make sure its has ALL of the sensors and wires that go with it. or else you'll be searching on ebay and on this site for parts all day until your hair turns gray.

basically...for the cost of it all...you can buy yourself a s/c. there are cars for sale on here for like a thousand bucks.

That will not be an easy swap. Yes, you'll need to use the computer and wiring harness from the 89.

i was kinda figuring it would be more hassle than it would be worth with the cougar being a v8 car. switching the motor/trans etc. was the least of my worries i dont wanna do the wiring i hate wires!!

Back