coy miller main girdle

TwoToneThunder

i have a coy miller main girdle amongst other parts for sale

i dont plan on building another v6 motor to put this in

i do have the arp main studs to go with this

i will also include the main caps off the engine as it looks like they were machined down to accept the main girdle

i know these are hard to find i called coy millers shop and he said they didnt make to many of these and its the only CNC main girdle available for a super coupe new they were $350 he said

ive never seen one for sale before and im not sure what a fair price is

looking for $300 obo?

Attachments

• girdle.jpg
    girdle.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 187
  • girdle 2.jpg
    girdle 2.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 175
a main girdle goes inside the motor and connects all the engine main bearing caps together and gives it alot of extra strength and will help prevent many bad things with higher horsepower and higher rpms

for those running 350 rwhp + id reccomend one if your making 300 rwhp and drag raced it alot then id reccomend one

for those making less power then that i dont think id be needed unless you planned on building the motor up further

Jim,

Looked into it and it might work for me. Can you post a picture of the studs? I need to see if the windage tray can be made to work. Thanks dude.

Branko

I've got one....All in all it's a great piece. Very strong.

Couple of things.

Your main caps will need some machine work so the girdle will mount on top of them.

You will not be able to run the windage tray.

Clearance to the oil pan is extemely tight, I had to grind a little material off the front corners of the girdle to make the pan fit.

i will include the main caps from the engine it came from

the arp studs for it

and for another $40 ill include the oil pan off the engine as well if needed its just the stock pan

ill get pictures of the studs a.s.a.p

I've got one....All in all it's a great piece. Very strong.

Couple of things.

Your main caps will need some machine work so the girdle will mount on top of them.

You will not be able to run the windage tray.

Clearance to the oil pan is extemely tight, I had to grind a little material off the front corners of the girdle to make the pan fit.

Brian,

Can you be more specific on not being able to use the tray.

Brian,

Can you be more specific on not being able to use the tray.

The biggest thing is the tray would need to be sandwiched in between the girdle and the caps. I suppose it might be possible to modify the windage tray but it would take alot of work. I would also be nervous about getting proper torque on the cap nuts with three items held under the nuts (caps, tray and girdle).

If you use the caps off of another motor there will be machine work required to bore all the mains into alignment but I see no reason why it couldn't be done.

I'm not knocking this part, I think it's excellent. Just stating it's not a simple bolt on.

The biggest thing is the tray would need to be sandwiched in between the girdle and the caps. I suppose it might be possible to modify the windage tray but it would take alot of work. I would also be nervous about getting proper torque on the cap nuts with three items held under the nuts (caps, tray and girdle).

If you use the caps off of another motor there will be machine work required to bore all the mains into alignment but I see no reason why it couldn't be done.

I'm not knocking this part, I think it's excellent. Just stating it's not a simple bolt on.
Guarantee that you can't use a windage tray with that. I've used a windage tray with the Morana girdle, and that was no picnic at all but the CMRE version is just not going to work out. The main caps should stay with the motor. It will cost a lot more to have your block line bored/honed to match the caps that it would to have the machining done to your caps to accept the girdle.

You coming to the Shootout? I'll give you $250 for it.

i am planning on being at the shootout for sunday only as a spectator

that sounds like a fair price to me

ill see you at the shootout,

i have a spare engine block 102k on it spun a bearing on the crank
are you interested in that as well?

Back