Rear sway bar

Hock

Since I lowered my SC I now get a little understeer when pushing hard into turns. Now some would say (as I do) slow in fast out-fast in dead out. But I know that with the proper bar in the back it should help reduce or all at eliminate understeer. Now I can correct it with a quick jab of the throttle in induce oversteer and send it into a neutral slide but thats not what I want ( even though it looks kinda cool and is fun as hell to do).

So what I want to know is, will a hollow bar from an N/A be strong enough for my SC or am I better off looking for one from an 89 or 90?

From your member page, the car is a 90, so you already have the largest factory SC rear bar, no? Can't comment on the NA bars, no experience there.

cheers
Ed N.

Well, I used to have a 90 now I have a 92 and am kicking myself in the arse for not pulling more parts off it while I had it.

An 89 rear bar worked nicely on my 95 to reduce understeer. If you can find one for a good deal, that's a good way to go, much cheaper than an Addco bar likely.

cheers
Ed N.

Back