Oil Recommendations.

MrSnow

Well I'm going to get the oil changed on the car. It hasn't been driven in 3 years and it needs a change for sure. Its got 129k miles.
1. I can I use 10w 30 Motor Craft Synthetic
2. Or Should I just go with regular oil? What does everyone use around here?
3. Its a 5 speed manual. It shifts a little hard into 2nd gear. Is there some transmission fluid that we should change out as well? /Other Oiling suggestions?
-Da Snow

there are a hundred different post about oils, If the car hasnt been running in years i would purchase a can of seafoam and put about half of it in the oil, drive it about 10 miles and go change it. dont not beat on it hard though.
Use the other half in a vacuum line.
Tons of post about this stuff too.
I would just use a regular 5-30w or 10-30w brand of you choice.

Valvoline MaxLife is a quality oil, even if it doesn't have any leaks or anything its just good stuff, use it with confidence. Standard Pennzoil yellow bottle is pretty good stuff if you are just going to run conventional. Pennzoil Platinum is a great synthetic, much better than Mobil 1 IMO. I'm getting ready to put Valvoline MaxLife Full Synthetic in mine soon, but the Syn blend is great stuff too. I would run a 5w-30 or 10w-30.

sea foam then 10w30 for summer and 5w30 for winter,simple...u don't need to use a synthetic just use simple regular oil and any company would do it as long u change it every 3000 miles/5000km...and yes there is manual transmission oil we change.... use royal purple for performance but its expensive as hell..

Last edited:
after being told to use Red Line for my tranny for about a year i just now got it, love it to tears, i recommend it to everyone.

you shouldnt use 10-30, its to thin. i have nearly 240k miles on original longblock and headgaskets, its still quiet and runs like a champ. i have use rotella full synthetic 5w40 during winter. its a diesel oil, so it has plenty of zddp additives that protect your bearings from metal to metal contact. during summer months i use mobil 1 15w50, not the gold cap however as those lack in antiwear additives, use the silver cap.

BP2380 turbine oil in M90, What is the capacity??

I searched for the oil capacity of the M90, could Not find it. Does the oil have to be sucked out thru the fill hole? Thanks, Dave.

I use Valvoline in most of my engines, why? Because it has NEVER failed me.

Last edited:
Back