Warped Big Brake Package Rotors

ChrisPearl95

hey guys,

has anyone had rotors turned before? Just Curious. I know mine are not worn beyond use, they have just worn unevenly.

thanks! Chris

Around here Napa is one of the only places thats still turns them.
If you have drilled rotors with holes that are chamfered, you can cut them. I have done it before at my school with 13" brembos. BE WARNED make sure they are lined up perfect and being cut on the lowest speed or your rotors will be toast!

I don't remember what the cost was but certainly less than a new set of rotors. I did not have much pad so I did not replace the pads the first time the job was done....did the second when the pads required it.

In my case I feel the rotors warped due to be driven in the snow. Brakes hot and snow and slush getting splashed on them while they were hot.

Same for me (SNOW)

I may have had the same issue driving my car around in the snow in St. Joseph. I thought I might have a problem with flat spots after getting the car out, but its been fine on local roads which are pretty good. I only notice vibrations when breaking.

Thanks for the input!

I had to bring my drilled/slotted rotors to a special brake shop to get them turned. The usual places I got regular rotors turned wouldn't touch them. The price was reasonable. I don't remember exactly how much.

Good Info

Thanks for the information, I think I have a place that can do it.

Had my shot Dynomax Super Turbos replaced today. I forgot how good they sound and perform.

Chris:D

Back