transmission problems (automatic)

oddi

Hi i´m having some problem whith the transmission on mi 94 sc,
1. when i put it in D it takes about 5 seconds to be able to drive and if i giv it a little gas it rev up and then bumps in to gear
2. when i put the pedal to the metal at about 30-60 mph it revs up and then bumps in to gear :S
3. when i have been driving it around and stop and take off again the same thing some times happens as when i put it to D

so looks like it loosing gears or something under pressure ?

thanks, Öddi (iceland)

HELP!

torque converters can some times act like that, most likely your clutches are shot though. either way if either one is the problem your tranny needs a rebuild. make sure you get it rebuilt to stock spec or better for the sc's . i say better but that all depends on how much money you have. one of these cars would be insane with a 2800rpm stall converter woot :)

is there no chance that this has something to do with the controlling of the transmission ??

you could buy my low mileage 03 mustang 4r70w with the speedo gear. Do the swap and never worry about it again.

OP still need a diagnosis. Probably by a TRUSTWORTHY trans shop.

My 94 SC w/ 340,000 miles ocaisionally "nuetralized" momentarilly. I drained the pan and convertor (bump starter till 1/8" NPT plug is visable w/ bellhousing inspection cover removed ).

I refilled w/ new Mercon (Walmart brand!) and a quart of "Lucas" oil supplement for automatic transmissions. So far, it has not nuetralized again.

This on the original trans, that had fluid and filter CHANGE EVERY, I mean EVERY, 30,000 MILES.

OP still need a diagnosis. Probably by a TRUSTWORTHY trans shop.

My 94 SC w/ 340,000 miles ocaisionally "nuetralized" momentarilly. I drained the pan and convertor (bump starter till 1/8" NPT plug is visable w/ bellhousing inspection cover removed ).

I refilled w/ new Mercon (Walmart brand!) and a quart of "Lucas" oil supplement for automatic transmissions. So far, it has not nuetralized again.

This on the original trans, that had fluid and filter CHANGE EVERY, I mean EVERY, 30,000 MILES.

Chances are that is a faulty MLPS. It will generally act up when it rains or shortly there after. The updated part has a seal to prevent water getting inside.
Alan

Chances are that is a faulty MLPS. It will generally act up when it rains or shortly there after. The updated part has a seal to prevent water getting inside.
Alan

My MLPS is only about a year and 10,000 miles old. And yes, it too caused nuetrelizing. Thanks, though!

Anybody else for the OP?

hi guys the first thing i did was check the fluid level and its very good looks new and does not smell bad like it would do i had burnt the gears (overheated and no oil) and i also put some transmission treatment on it after i check´d the oil but doves not seem to help at all. :S

My guess if the rest of it has been checked is that the Overdrive band is cooked. Happens all the time.
Alan

I would check the MLPS (stands for manual lever position switch). My 94 did similar stuff. This is a $30 part at autozone, easy to install.

Back