V6 Ford Challenge

V6Sprout

Any one coming this year? I invited other car groups like GM's and Pontiac, and Buick, etc etc. Basically any V6 can run, we need car counts. Not sure if it will help or not but more cars the better.

I sold my motor so right now I have no motor in the car, although I think I have enough spare parts to put another motor together, although mainly stock. I just need intercooler tubes, I think I have the rest of the parts needed. I may fab up some pipes but if anyone has some tubes I can borrow for the time being let me know. The car is not legally on the road so it would be towed to the race if I go. So after the race the parts could be returned.

Race is Aug 15th at TMP again.

I may be in for this one, not sure yet though.
I also have a set of stock pipes you can borrow, there is a hole in thelower one from my snow kit nozzel but I can plug it.

Drew

I'll let you know if I need them or not, I'll tow the car to the race if I get it done, but its not looking promising. I might need a blower top as well, I have one but it has no collar nut on it, its meant for a silicone hose, which I was gonna use if I made custom pipes. So many things to do, so little time. haha

If I had slicks I just might consider trying this out just for the fun of it.....

Oh well, next year I guess

Fraser

Fraser, Your car runs pretty good without them I would say.
I may bring both SC's and get my buddy to drive the stock one, would be a cool picture if I had them both lined up.

Drew

yeah we could just use any cars we can get really, its bracket racing so as long as your consistent thats all that matters.

Well my car is consistent even running back to back with no cool down. I'm considering joining the street class bracket racing at the track next year.

I do have to get a helmet though.

If you can get both cars lined up, that would be cool :).

Fraser

The race use to be a stand alone race, but the last 2 years we have just piggy backed with Joe DaSilva's Canadian Street Car Nationals Event. Its a HUGE event, lots of fast cars and lots of spectators. Joe gives us a V6 class so we can run our event. Due to lack of cars I opened it up to other types of 6 cylinder cars this year to help the car count out.

www.canadianstreetcarnationals.com

Fraser, Your car runs pretty good without them I would say.
I may bring both SC's and get my buddy to drive the stock one, would be a cool picture if I had them both lined up.

Drew

hey if you buddy doesn't make it let me know, I'll drive your other car for ya :)

Don't think I am going to make it now, I was reading the rules and looks like I have to install a battery dissconnect switch now that it is in the trunk.
Also went for a drive today with a heavy foot and think I may have some belt slip issues to deal with before I try and hit the track.
Bummer.

Drew

hey everyone, I am sorry to say it looks like our V6 class has been cancelled due to lack of interest. The are deciding to put the V6 fords in with the All Ford class which doesn't work out for the other V6 cars invited, so I am just giving everyone who was thinking of coming a heads up.

Hopefully I can get things going with a private rental in the future like we used to do in the old days, if so I'll keep everyone posted on that if it happens. Thanks for any interest that was shown.

Back