jasper engines

tony42

has anyone ever bought one of these engines how is the product as in dependability and interaction with tech or sales people and also their class 1 & performance grade engines please respond thanks

Talk to Dave Dalke, He knows more about these engines than all of Jaspers employees combined.
Alan

I would skip the Jasper engines and transmissions...Saw alot of problems out of both during my time as a wrench turner. Especially the Trannies. If they did work out of the crate it usually wasnt for long....The last one I worked on needed three exchanges before we got a decent one. That was a 4r70w too....

I havent had any 3.8 Jasper motors, but we went through a bunch of 5.7L's and trannys in our 94 Chevy Z71. The last one we put in before selling was crap. The valves were tapping so loud I think a deaf person could have heard it. No power, and I think within three years we replaced the Jasper tranny
(4L60) 3 times

Yeah the guy that worked next to me at the Dealership had a Explorer come in with a Jasper reman in it. (4R44E/AL4D) It was slipping badly after like 10k miles. Jasper sent another one for exchange. It had no line pressure and wouldnt move. They sent another one and it had no 3rd and 4th gear. He got pissed off and took it out, Tore it down and fixed it and put it back in (In about and hour and a half, which was impressive). Never told anyone. He just didnt want to deal with anymore Jasper Junk. Let alone swapping tranmissions for god knows how long...

Last edited:
Back