Autolite 103 gapped to .040, broken wire

89tird

Hey guys, while looking over the threads from the previous owner of my 95 , I found out that he had done the MAF modification that you could see over at MN12 performance. I did a search on this site and most of the threads say that is dangerous to run this mod on a stock sc.

now this sc is not stock, It came with a spinning wheels sc power pulley, 3.5 MP CAI, MP tensioner spring on the acc tensioner, ported blower and ported inlet plenum,dual in single 3" out flowmaster.

I added the Double IC with fan running all the time, and Im about to install 2 MP springs.

could this MAF mod be messing with my car ? it bucks under WOT, new fuel filter, fuel pressure is good, I dont think its heatsoaking with this double ic.

thanks in advance.

yes thats the one, he said he replaced the wires 2 years ago, think they might be bad by now ? they are blue in color and look like the magnecor wires.

took out the filter just to check, and it looks like the maf mod hasnt been done after all, or maybe he just made the hole bigger?
101_0357.jpg

and I thought I had found the solution to my problem :(

took out the filter just to check, and it looks like the maf mod hasnt been done after all, or maybe he just made the hole bigger?

and I thought I had found the solution to my problem :(

just a heads up plug wires shouldnt go bad so to say unless they get melted!

i would think ether dis or coil or plugs them self maybe the gap aint right?? maybe a plug got cracked some how??

just a heads up plug wires shouldnt go bad so to say unless they get melted!

i would think ether dis or coil or plugs them self maybe the gap aint right?? maybe a plug got cracked some how??

Plug wires (especially the OEM ones) can in fact be damaged enough to cause bucking under boost just from the handling they get when changing the plugs.

David

Plug wires (especially the OEM ones) can in fact be damaged enough to cause bucking under boost just from the handling they get when changing the plugs.

David

i guess i shouldnt said never lol

if they are oem one he could have probs but he did also state they were only a few years old.

but i dont think i give miss leading info,not to say never. my dad has originals on his 77 F150 even tho they look like they just came out of the package. maybe its because his are in good condition?

i guess i shouldnt said never lol

if they are oem one he could have probs but he did also state they were only a few years old.

Since he said they are aftermarket wires, I agree they are probably not what is causing his problem. 99% of the time bucking under boost is caused by bad plugs or wires, so I'm thinking it makes the most sense to install a new set of plugs.

David

Ok, Installed some autolites 103 copper gapped to .040 just like David said, the wires I have are not magnecor,they are Splitfire dual, one of them broke or I dont know if it was broken, when I pulled it of the plug. Nobody has oem wires at the autoparts, luckily I had two smaller oem wires that I mated into one. is this dangerous ??

Im going to buy the splitfires again but until then im running the two wires togheter making one.

I didnt feel the car hesitate when I punched it, So I guess thats good:D

Im going to buy the splitfires again but until then im running the two wires togheter making one.

Exactly how did you do that :confused:

David

PS: Order a set of Taylor Spiro Pros from Summitt.

Last edited:
Exactly how did you do that :confused:

David

PS: Order a set of Taylor Spiro Pros from Summitt.

Got two short OEM wires and plugged them into each other, had to trim the boot of one.

car is running great but with massive wheel hop.

Last edited:
Back