PDA

View Full Version : best sc cam? How high can i rev?

stangerbanger
08-09-2009, 09:56 PM
hey yall. i got a 97 mustang im swappin in a 92 5spd sc motor i tore down and rebuilt (rings, berings, timing chain, all the goodies.) and have a buddy with a couple sc cams. what is the most desirible cam that i can get that is still stock? i forgot what years they are from but will ask him and post them up. and also, how high can i rev her? right now on my mustang 3.8 i dont like goin over 5400, but am on a 90 shot of laughin gas. i would like to see 6 grand on the tach but dont want another rebuild. also, with the older style blower, how high can i overdrive it? i was thinkin 10 or 15%. there is also a fmic in the distant future. thanks

john

patragz22
08-09-2009, 11:13 PM
a stock cam from a 89' SC with a 5-speed is the most aggressive cam.

90blkbrd
08-10-2009, 07:54 AM
hey yall. i got a 97 mustang im swappin in a 92 5spd sc motor i tore down and rebuilt (rings, berings, timing chain, all the goodies.) and have a buddy with a couple sc cams. what is the most desirible cam that i can get that is still stock? i forgot what years they are from but will ask him and post them up. and also, how high can i rev her? right now on my mustang 3.8 i dont like goin over 5400, but am on a 90 shot of laughin gas. i would like to see 6 grand on the tach but dont want another rebuild. also, with the older style blower, how high can i overdrive it? i was thinkin 10 or 15%. there is also a fmic in the distant future. thanks

john

Why use a stock cam if your rebuilding the motor? Spend ~$350 and get a custom grind. These motors perform best with ported heads and a cam.

RedSC93
08-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Check out Spinning Wheels or post in the wanted to buy section, im sure someone has one laying around.

http://spinningwheels-sc.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=3117

Jerry