PDA

View Full Version : >>>Need<<<

asshole81
09-26-2002, 12:22 AM
I'm lookn for a SUB BOX for 2 - 12's enclosed or not. Also need answers about hookn up my new subs and speakers.On my subs they have 2 ~~~ and 2 neg. And on my speakers have 1 ~~~ and 2 neg why ? plz help me
:confused: :confused: :confused:

92SCDoughboy
09-26-2002, 12:42 AM
its because u left them alone in the car too long and they started mulitplying :D

luznit
09-26-2002, 12:47 AM
Bro,
I think i got one of those.

SweetnLow91
09-26-2002, 01:06 AM
the speakers that have a positive and two negatives are designed so that it caps the bass out of the speaker and basically uses them as a giant tweeter, the other one will get you that full range of sound!

ss_scuba
09-26-2002, 02:04 AM
NO!!! The subs are dual voice coil....They're designed with two inputs incase you want to wire it in many different way, most likely they're each 4ohm. The speakers only have one cause that's what they need! DUH!!!! You're gonna need to wire the subs to an amp with the speakers wired to another amp or to your head unit. Any questions, send me an e-mail. ss_scuba@yahoo.com

AsScLoWn
09-26-2002, 02:15 AM
without looking at them I was thinking DVC also if the subs have dual terminals. Wire them in parrallel with a 1 ohm stable amp:D

Scott-Atah
09-26-2002, 03:06 AM
told ya that guy new his stereo stuff

syphon
09-26-2002, 03:43 AM
Yah, DVC subs are tricky.

I had a pair of JL Audio 10W6's... they were 3 ohm per voice coil.

That means depending on how I wired it, I could either have a 6ohm load or a 1.5ohm load on my 2 subs.

Wiring gets crazy, best bet is to read up a lot on the internet.

asshole81
09-26-2002, 09:05 AM
Thnx syphon,Scott-Atah,ss_scuba and Ray...... AsScLoWn why do you always wants to see my goods,and also AsScLoWn I can not find that stock deck and harness.It's pissn me off cause I know it's some where laughn at me saying you can not find me but I will, oh I will. And for you Miles my brother from a another mother is that box enclosed or not.:D

AsScLoWn
09-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by ~~~~~~~81
Thnx syphon,Scott-Atah,ss_scuba and Ray...... AsScLoWn why do you always wants to see my goods,and also AsScLoWn I can not find that stock deck and harness.It's pissn me off cause I know it's some where laughn at me saying you can not find me but I will, oh I will. And for you Miles my brother from a another mother is that box enclosed or not.:D

so you know how I felt looking for that tube:D. I kept looking at it too, but it looked like an A/C line so I passed it over several times:p