i think im doin it wrong...

stangerbanger

im workin for a guy with a boat that i did over 75% of the work on a motor swap (351 windsor). long story short, 3 teeth chipped of the distributor, and this from the oil pan. any guesses what this is? (its only half here and not supposed to be swirled haha.

oilpumpdriveshaft.jpg

well with the teeth chipped on the distributor and the oil pump shaft twisted...

I would say there is a problem with the oil pump.
Starter turned the flywheel, timing chain, camshaft, and then the distributor.

As the distributor turned off the cam gear it tried to turn the oil pump but instead twisted the oil pump shaft and caused the distributor teeth to strip.

The oil pump is locked up solid! Rusted, the bottom plate has no clearance, teeth inside pump broke... something is wrong with the oil pump.

thats what we think. so im pullin it tomorrow and wensday were gonna pull the pan and redo the oil pump and check bearings to see if there shot.

Make sure there is not any cam gear damage or you will be replacing Cam's at every oil change or so. A known Windsor problem...Im sure the oil pump was the cause, just make sure you take an extra close look at the cam gear as well. You also should go ahead and check the rod and main bearings since you are yanking it and pulling the oil pan anyway. Im assuming you are just swapping the engine and dont know its condition though...

Last edited:
Make sure there is not any cam gear damage or you will be replacing Cam's at every oil change or so. A known Windsor problem...Im sure the oil pump was the cause, just make sure you take an extra close look at the cam gear as well. You also should go ahead and check the rod and main bearings since you are yanking it and pulling the oil pan anyway. Im assuming you are just swapping the engine and dont know its condition though...

negitive. were reusing it to my dismay, but he pays me out the ~~~ so i dont argue with him being mildly retarded and just do what im told lol. i am pullin main caps to check bearings but w/ 30 mins of no oil ant good on it lol.

negitive. were reusing it to my dismay, but he pays me out the ~~~ so i dont argue with him being mildly retarded and just do what im told lol. i am pullin main caps to check bearings but w/ 30 mins of no oil ant good on it lol.
Yeah, not good. I didnt realize you had it running. He will rethink it when it blows and Seatow charges him a grand to pull it back to the dock....

Back