Ported Stock Valve Heads

CMac89

Assembled Ported Stock Valve Heads $350 SHIPPED

These heads were rebuilt, which have about 45K miles on them and are in great running order. At the time of rebuild, the deck side was milled, new guides, seals, and a three-angle valve job. They have stock retainers with Comp 986 valve springs.

I do not have any flow numbers on the heads, but I do know my car was a solid mid 12 second car with them (using a late model blower.) They are good for around 330hp, or a little more, depending on what supporting mods you have. The heads had no problem running them to 6,000RPM. There was a very small break through spot within the first inch of the runner, so I put epoxy on it to seal it up. It held very well, so there are no worries there.

If you want pictures then post your email address and I will send pictures to you. My PayPal address is cmac455@yahoo.com . 3% must be added to the total for the PayPal fee.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Yes they have been, but it isn't pricey to have them milled again. For what it's worth, they deck surface looks pretty good.

One last bump and if it doesn't work then I'll just make another 12 second car out of them.

what other mods did you have to make your car a 12 second car...obviously not just the heads and blower. what lift are the springs good to? Will they support .500 lift?

I had a FMIC, ported late model blower with 25% OD (18psi), MP inlet, the cam/rockers that you bought from me, stock rebuilt shortblock, and then other miscellaneous bolt ons (raised top, 75mm TB, CAI, 80mm MAF).

With those mods I ran a 12.83 at 108 at the Shootout. It wasn't a good density altitude.

The next weekend I was running 12.50s consistently with methanol injection. I got it down to 12.20s and 12.30s with the seats taken out of it.

The springs are Comp 986's and they support .500" lift. The heads were resurfaced before I put the motor together and they never leaked whenever installed on the motor. I could have them checked, but it may cost money.

how well of a port job did you do? You make it sound so easy to run mid 12's lol. Were these the heads that you ran the cam with that you sold me? If so, I'll probably buy the heads since they already have the springs/retainers. Do you have any pictures? mainly of the port job, Oh by the way, the ups guys totally messed up the box you shipped the cam in, but you did a good job with the padding, everything was fine when I opened it up. still haven't installed the cam yet. gotta get some springs and retainers.

and I'm not surprised that you dropped 0.3 seconds from your time by removing the seats. these seats are boat anchors.

I don't have any flow numbers to give, but if I had to guess they flow around 200cfm on the intakes. Maybe around 180 on exhaust.

The car is a five speed and I drove it pretty well. The car is well known and many saw me running high 12s at the Shootout that year. I always had good luck, but I think the parts that I used just worked well together. I generalized the mods, but there are some details that I paid attention to within those mods.

I'll get you some pictures tomorrow.

Gladly I delayed shipping them a day so I could get some bubble wrap. Would have been toast!

Sorry about not being able to get the pics to you yet. I was busy all last week getting ready for a race. Now the US Nationals are this week and it's gonna be CRAZY busy.

Are you still interested? If so, let me know and I will get them to you.

Thanks

Sorry no interest as of right now. I talked with dave and he can get me a set of springs for the cam I bought from you. I'm just not in the mood to pull the heads again. I'll replace the springs with the heads on and hope a valve doesn't fall into the cylinder.

Sorry no interest as of right now. I talked with dave and he can get me a set of springs for the cam I bought from you. I'm just not in the mood to pull the heads again. I'll replace the springs with the heads on and hope a valve doesn't fall into the cylinder.

Remove the spark plug and apply air to each cylinder. That will keep the valve in its seat while you replace the springs. One cylinder at a time obviously....

Back