PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Misc. Items for 90 SC (ALL FOUND)

txsc
08-11-2009, 07:44 PM
I am looking for the below listed items for my new driver. All need to be in EXCELLENT condition to be better than what I already have. For a mental image, think "new parts".

- Black Padded Console Lid: No cuts, cracks, scuffs, worn grain, "elbow dents", etc. The hard plastic inner lid must be crack-free and no stripped holes. FOUND

- Center dash vent trim assembly -or- just the stamped aluminum trim facing: This piece is located on the dash face and runs from the steering column to the right of the climate control assembly. I really just need the aluminum trim piece, but will buy the entire assembly. No cracks, missing fasteners, broken pieces, damaged vents, bent or "wavy" aluminum, rub marks, scratches, fading, etc. FOUND

- Emergency brake boot and boot retainer: This is the molded rubber "boot" that seals off the emergency brake handle on the console top. I also need the hard molded "ring" that retains the boot. No rips, deformation, snags, cracks or broken parts. I will take care of attaching to my original console top. FOUND

- Roll-top RH Dash Storage Bin: Need the entire assembly in black. Must operate smoothly, have no broken components and no fading. FOUND

I could use NOS parts, but am not going to dip into my parts stash for a driver. They just need to be perfect used parts : )

If you happen to have an NOS padded console lid, I am interested in that (I don't have any of those). I'll put it on my white car, and move it's console lid to my driver.

PM if you have what I need, and I'll give you an email address to send photos.

Cheers,

JD

the-big-e
08-11-2009, 10:25 PM
How easy is it to remove the aluminum from the center dash assembly.....

I think I might have one.....

txsc
08-12-2009, 05:40 PM
How easy is it to remove the aluminum from the center dash assembly.....

I think I might have one.....

- Carefully uncrimp the tabs from the back side.
- The aluminum trim is glued to the plastic panel.
- Using a wide soft tool (plastic putty knife), slide underneath the aluminum trim and break the glue bond. A screwdriver will ruin the aluminum.
- Don't "pry" on the aluminum, or it will bend and be rendered useless. Just work the tool underneath the aluminum while maintaining light upward pressure.
- Usually the glue is dried out and not that hard to deal with.
- Practice on a junk part first to perfect your "touch".

txsc
08-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Bump......

the-big-e
09-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Here is the one that I have.....

There is a small blemish in the upper left corner under the first tab on the left.....:mad:

I have an intact rubber part for the e-brake, but I couldn't find the plastic backing piece for it.....:(

As a matter of fact, after pulling five or six e-brakes from various SCs, I don't ever recall even seeing any evidence that they existed....:p

I have a few of the shifter bellows with the plastic backer....:D

I was able to find all the pieces and put them back together again......:rolleyes: