Mark Vii Fan Vs. Stock Fan

Silver R

Has anyone upgraded their stock Fans? Have read the Mark Vii Fan was a good replacement is this true? Would like to upgrade mine due to the 100's degree weather we have in South Texas!! Only draw back I see is the elec. draw it requires. Any help and comments welcomed.

Has anyone upgraded their stock Fans? Have read the Mark Vii Fan was a good replacement is this true? Would like to upgrade mine due to the 100's degree weather we have in South Texas!! Only draw back I see is the elec. draw it requires. Any help and comments welcomed.

No problem with the stock fan, it's the radiator that's too small. Griffin sells a nice aluminum radiator (direct replacement) that cools way better than the factor radiator.

David

I don't think the radiator is too small,depending on your performance level.
I replaced my rad with a new one as well as my heater core,flushed the engine and changed the t-stat to a 180.
All works excellent and the temp never gets above half with the a/c off.
With the a/c on it never gets above a 1/4 even on the hottest day.
Most people haven't replaced their old ancient rad let alone the heater core(which is probably half plugged) or flushed their cooling systems and they wonder why a quick t-stat change won't fix there problem.
The mark viii fan is not needed, the stock sc on flows excellent and works even better with a new rad.

I don't think the radiator is too small,depending on your performance level.
I replaced my rad with a new one as well as my heater core,flushed the engine and changed the t-stat to a 180.
All works excellent and the temp never gets above half with the a/c off.
With the a/c on it never gets above a 1/4 even on the hottest day.
Most people haven't replaced their old ancient rad let alone the heater core(which is probably half plugged) or flushed their cooling systems and they wonder why a quick t-stat change won't fix there problem.
The mark viii fan is not needed, the stock sc on flows excellent and works even better with a new rad.

At best the SC cooling system is marginal on a stock motor.

Halfway between C and H on my car is 220 degrees. If the radiator was properly sized it would maintain nearly the same engine coolant temp with the AC on or off, in any weather and in any climate where the car was intended to operate.

For example my 2006 Expidition maintains the same engine coolant temp when it's 20 degrees and snowing as it does when it's 98 degrees pulling my car on a trailer during rush hour traffic with the AC blowing cold.

David

Last edited:
Back