94 SC issues

michaelyonis

Hey everyone, I just bought a 94 SC and someone had a remote start in it that they removed. Half the time the only way for me to turn off the car is to get out, pop the hood, and remove one of the relays. Any help on this will be GREATLY appreciated.

First thing is to verify the remote start box is fully removed from under the dash along with all the wiring for the remote start. There should be a 12gauge wire in the cars harness that was cut for the remote start, and that needs to be fixed. If there is nothing left of the remote start system it is possible the relay is sticking or there is a problem with ignition switch itself. I used to work for a car dealership, and the first thing we did when we got a car on trade was to remove any alarms or remote starts. Everyone I had to pull was either a cheap kmart unit or a nice expensive one that was horibly installed. Either way they can cause all kinds of problems. Good luck figureing out the problem.

First thing is to verify the remote start box is fully removed from under the dash along with all the wiring for the remote start. There should be a 12gauge wire in the cars harness that was cut for the remote start, and that needs to be fixed. If there is nothing left of the remote start system it is possible the relay is sticking or there is a problem with ignition switch itself. I used to work for a car dealership, and the first thing we did when we got a car on trade was to remove any alarms or remote starts. Everyone I had to pull was either a cheap kmart unit or a nice expensive one that was horibly installed. Either way they can cause all kinds of problems. Good luck figureing out the problem.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely get up under there and have a look.

can ayone tell me where to go to see a tear down of the dash to check to see if they removed the remote start completely?

it really doesnt matter if the box is there or not just as long as its not getting power it doesnt make any difference

if the ignition stays on when the key is turned off theres a good chance its the ignition switch being faulty, do the brakes still work when you take the key out while the car is still running?

other than that crawl under there and start looking for burnt wires

while its running once it take the key out i can't move the shifter, turn the wheel or anything like it normally would with the key off. I can also put the key back in and put it in the on position, shift it into gear, and drive around again.

Pop off the knee panel, and see if there are still wires connected to the ignition harness. If so, remove and insulate.

If there are any wires connected to the red/green(ignition) or the yellow(bat), disconnect them.

Pop off the knee panel, and see if there are still wires connected to the ignition harness. If so, remove and insulate.

If there are any wires connected to the red/green(ignition) or the yellow(bat), disconnect them.

will do first thing in the morning, thanks.

Back