Cooling Issues

XxSlowpokexX

Cars been running hotter then usual..AGAIN

I rev engine...Temp goes down...Let go temp goes back up to an extend..Seems to be cirulating good..New thermostat....

Any ideas off the bat?

Have you swapped radiators yet? If you rev it up, the only difference is that the water pump spins faster. It may need to be at a higher rotating speed to pump through a certain restriction.

Potentially..I didnt have this issue a week ago.. One thing after another...My tensioner is a lil screwed so Im giving that a try next....I have a few things I need ot look at

I has similar symptoms about 7 years ago, turned out that there was a little pin hole in my rad....replaced it with a new stock one and it's been good ever since.

I believe the IRCM is flakey on my 90. I find some days the engine stays below the center of the temp gauge, even on 90 degree ambient days. But then on another day the temp will climb past half but not past the end of the range. If I turn the A/C on then the temp will start coming back down.

The intermittent nature has me letting it be for now, but it will need to be addressed. Perhaps something like that is happening with you.

When the dog days of summer come, so do the temperature complaints. I blew a radiator the first spring I had my 95 (2007) (it was likely worn out). After replacing it and several other cooling system parts, for the next year I chased a high temperature gauge issue. This year I drive my bird back and forth to work almost every day and watch the gauge and it never get above the M anymore. Oh yea, almost forgot, I'm stopped using my A/C.

Back