95SC rear view mirror fell off

rickbtbird

95 SC, I had the windshield replace two year ago. Today and yesterday it was 90 in the shade. Tonight I went to get in the car and the rearview mirror was sitting on the passenger side floor.

Now I had the same exact thing happen to the 90 and I was able to remove a set screw from the attachment to get to the mount but on the 95 that doesn't exist. There seems to be a clip there instead. How do I detach the mount from the pivot arm attachment point?

95 SC, I had the windshield replace two year ago. Today and yesterday it was 90 in the shade. Tonight I went to get in the car and the rearview mirror was sitting on the passenger side floor.

Now I had the same exact thing happen to the 90 and I was able to remove a set screw from the attachment to get to the mount but on the 95 that doesn't exist. There seems to be a clip there instead. How do I detach the mount from the pivot arm attachment point?

There is a tool with two flat prongs on it that you slide in it and pull the windshield mount off of the mirror. It just releases the spring/clip....

You can take a piece of coat hanger and pound one end flat with a hammer....

Shove it into the slot on the mirror and it should slid up off the mount....

It makes a great tool for other jobs, as well....:cool:

You can take a piece of coat hanger and pound one end flat with a hammer....

Shove it into the slot on the mirror and it should slid up off the mount....

It makes a great tool for other jobs, as well....:cool:

Sort of reminds me of a back yard abortion. I removed it with an old screw driver.

Back