Rear upper control arm bushings..........

ecyrbh

I moved my parts car into my garage this past weekend to finish pulling parts that I want and sell the rest.So as I jack up the rear end,I notice that both rear wheels fell outward at the top about an inch.I went over to the wheels and wiggled top and bottom and OH MY GOSH !!!!!!.........So I go over to my daily driver and jack it up,and I have some movement on it also,just not as severe.My question is,and I searched a little bit for info,How difficult is it to replace the bushings at the "knuckle" end without pulling apart everything? Can they be done in the car?......I'm pulling the whole rear subframe from the parts car and can use these parts to be rebuilt later down the road,but I want to fix my DD as soon as possible.

Make sure the bushings that are bad are on the knuckle and not the camber adjustment bushings on the UCA itself.
I believe you can do the upper bushing on the knuckle by removing the bolt and getting a bushing tool to install it. (maybe c-clamp/socket)
If you take the wheel off and remove the bolt for the UCA to knuckle, you can see if the camber bushing is bad by rocking it back and forth.
Out of all the MN12's/FN10's, only my Mark VIII had bad camber bushings from hammering on it with 3.73/lsd/18's. I really don't think they go bad too much.
Hope this helps

The Camber bushings look good so far,just the knuckle ones are toast. Glad I haven't worn my tires out............Thanks for the info,Gonna try my luck this weekend...........

Back