Angel eyes/Halo anyone please help!!!!

automaniak22

I found some projector halos from a 98 mustang I am going to retro fit into some 96 headlamps. and I was wondering if anyone knows what the halos are made of in spyder auto's housings for them?

one guy made his own on the Acura TL forum he took a clear mini blind rod scored it every 1/4 inch heated it up and bent it around a soda can which is about the size of their headlights and lit it with LEDs looked pretty good when he was done

seems so I contacted Spyder auto about them and they said you cant replace the LED either... thats a bummer. I think I'll go to the BMW E46 headlights a company in south cali makes the halos red for just a lil over $200 for the headlamps

I am not 100% sure what you are asking but... if you are just looking for the "halo / angel eye" portion, I just bought some cheap ebay headlamps for a honda and took the projectors and halos off them for my project...

you can replace the LEDs on those in about 10 seconds... I put blue in mine, has some red ones once upon a time too... you can get like 4-angel eyes and a pair of projectors that way for under $100

EDIT: these are the exact ones I bought... but I got them used for like $50~.... has one real projector light then some wierd rugular style round light with just a projector looking lense deal that pops onto it...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:
I will need real projectors shen I run the HID's in them. Friend got tagged the other day for them in his Camaro. the spyder auto headlamps for the mustang have the LED's built in. I am getting them for a decent price at $140 and retail is $296. If I cant use them or get the LED's out so I can install my own on the Halo's I may check out the ones you mentioned. If not I'll just go with the BMW E46 projectors and get the red halo set. I think they look awesome.

IMG00818.jpg

IMG00816.jpg

I will need real projectors shen I run the HID's in them. Friend got tagged the other day for them in his Camaro. the spyder auto headlamps for the mustang have the LED's built in. I am getting them for a decent price at $140 and retail is $296. If I cant use them or get the LED's out so I can install my own on the Halo's I may check out the ones you mentioned. If not I'll just go with the BMW E46 projectors and get the red halo set. I think they look awesome.

Those do look pretty neat. However, you might want to check the local laws. I am not sure that you can display red lights on the front of a vehicle.

It could also be a safety issue. (They look a little like Infiniti taillamps, and I for one do not want a sleepy driver "following" the front of my car.)

I checked into it yesterday and cops said they are legal to an extent. If they flash or dim slowly and brighten then they would be illegal. The color is fine but that is because they wont be seen when the lights are actually on.

Anyone have any experience with LED lights on our stock headlight housings? I just installed some and they are nice ! only thing I found is the locking rings do not fit. Any thoughts?

Are you sure you are not breaking down the led bulb enough to install the ring. Mine were two piece, but came in one piece so it looked like you could not break it apart.

I will have to look again on the bulb. Mine came as one piece. The instructions were basically non existent on that.

Back