This is absolutely amazing. You need to read this. Tech busted for ragging a Cobra!

Wow! That thread is out of control! Before I can even finish scrolling down one page, an entire new page of post has been created! It's nice so many people across the car enthusiasts spectrum are coming together in support of that lady's "Stang...

What a dumb ****. If that were my car i'd want to break my foot off in this guy's dumb ***. This is a very good example of why it's best to work on your own vehicles or have someone you really trust do the work. At least the tech got canned for his total disrespect and abuse of another persons property.

w o w

By the time this is done, it will probably have seen every major forum on the net. I wonder what his reaction will be after every major communication network starts spreading this story..

This thing is like a virus.. Im watching it double every minute I'm here! Its all over the Internet! By tomorrow theres going to be worldwide bandwidth problems!

I think it could only get more hits if someone got Herculiner on their Hootus while on that test drive (if you remember that one).

This is the norm....!!! yes it is

It is sad but true, as someone who grew up in the super car era, this is the norm at some dealers. The poor guy will take his car in for a simple oil change and some kid will fry it if he can get away with it. Three years ago the local dealer had to explain to the owner how his svt truck got rapped around a pole when it was in for a fix on the radio. Yes the radio,no reason to test drive a radio,but they did and it cost someone their ride.. When I was younger and just as dumb as I am now I would see this kind of stuff go on all the time. Sometimes the tech would get busted,BUT most of the time it was just another FUN day at work at someone elses expence. I got a friend who got a new hemi under these same kind of playing around. It was the ticket that the tech got for racing that sealled his deal... Word to the wise,if you take it to the dealer,keep both eyes on it at all times. If it must go for a test drive put down on the paper work that you MUST go along. Dealers hate this BUT it is your right so do it to protect your baby....Rich.. P.S. if someone wants to copy this feel free to...Rich

ROFL that is pretty funny... although I'm not particularly impressed with the 140mph part (other than if he had actually gotten CAUGHT doing 140mph by the cops... that would have been hilarious) I got my NECOugar up to top speed on the way to brussels one night which was 140... he definately didn't push the COBRA to its limits.

Reminds me of another almost as good tech story ... my father worked at Ford on T-Bird/Cougar/Mark VIII until his death in the fall of '93. He worked in development so the engineers and the techs in his department had to have access to the competitors cars for compare and contrast. Well, apparently they had a Ferrari in the car pool for whatever reason (not sure what Ford would be looking to compare with... this is probably around '89-'90 - pre new GT40 days in anycase)... two of the guys who had no justification for taking the Ferrari out took it out one day for a spin ... they lost control of it on the express (Michigan roads are CRAP), did $40,000 worth of damage to the car - and it was STILL DRIVEABLE! Anyway... there went their jobs!

that story is NOTHING compared to what the "lot boys" do when they get their hands on them, most of them have no clue what can be damaging either:D

I've heard of people "neutral dropping" cars etc etc :rolleyes:, I asked them why are you telling me and whats the point, their side..."why not" :confused:

Sorry, hope you guys don't mind, but I think this is DEFINATELY worthy to go in the FARK (www.fark.com check it out) dumbass category :) so I've submitted the link to them.

It happens to us all.....

When I was a kid, my dad and I passed our 62 Studebaker GT hawk going in the opposite direction. It was supposed to be in the shop but it was being used for a pizza pickup!

once a few years ago one of our lot boys was to pick up a customers motorhome from where it was getting some undercoating done (not just any motorhome, it was a 300,000$ Winnebago Luxor)
When he didnt return after being out more than twice as long as it should have takin, the motorhome was found at his parents place - because he wanted to show it off....

needless to say he didnt work for us after that

Back