Let's talk window tint.

Yes, I have used it. On a N/A Bird a few years ago. It was excellent quality and cut perfectly. My advise is that you get someone who has done this before, if you have not. It takes a steady hand and some know how. Smartest thing is to do atleast 20% on the rear three windows and go lighter (35%-50%) on the front doors. This will keep the temps down and keep the Police off of your back as well...

this isnt really sc or tbird related

but it is tint related

on my 97 taurus sho i have 5% on the rears and 25% on the front(i think) did it my self pita! have a shop do it well worth the cash!

anyways if anything i think it attracts more heat then removes it!

Last edited:
I'm with you - I'll pay to have a shop do it.

And it may attract more heat, but it helps protect the interior. Besides, it makes a car look good :D

-Melon

I had a 96 GT that I had tinted and it made a BIG difference even at 35%. Before it was done the AC wouldnt cool the car even after being recharged by a shop. After, I had to turn the AC down. It does help do away with the heat from the sun glaring in on you.

I like 35% as well 20% is way to hard at night even after i got use to it . wow think about 5% and driving at night lol good luck looking threw the side windows .

Its kinda funny you brought this up I bought the pre-cut window tint from http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130297842522 and it works great, i got a 25% on the doors and 5% on the back 3.

Only issue I had was the back window, its 1 full piece and its a pain the in the rear to install. Long story short i messed it up and because the back carpet under the window doesn't do well when it gets wet, note to self remove it first. So i emailed them back and they have a $12 shipped for a new piece for not pre-cut stripes, comes with 4 pieces and again there not pre-cut. I think if i would have to to it over again I would remove the back window carpet and use the full pre-cut one much easyer..

Jerry

I never really got why people call them pigs, i mean did some one see a cop rolling in some sh111t , or in a lil pen or something lol.

Check with your state to see what the max tint is you can have. In minnesota the max tint is 50% which isn't really that dark. The rear window on the Tbird is a real pain due to a concave flip at the bottom corners of the glass. To fit a single piece on the back glass takes shrinking of the tint in a very specific way, that only someone with experience will have good success with.

That said, you can always give it a try. The price is right for just giving it a shot.

If you really want to cut heat and not have to go super dark, you can get the Ceramic and Ceramic hybrid tints like ATX (a 40% heat rejection at 50% tint) or Geoshield (50% heat rejection) and neither will interfere with radar detectors. Most non-ceramic, high heat rejection films are metalized and can significantly reduce effectiveness of radar detectors. Of course these Ceramic hybrid tints are about twice the cost of standard metalized tints.

In BC, you're not allowed any film tint on front door glass. They say it could hold the glass together in larger pieces and defeat the purpose of safety glass.

Back