Adding keyless entry???

BRIAN WALTER

So I got my new harness for my 89 XR7 but it does not have the keyless entry like my original harness did. I noticed there are 4 wires headed over to the passenger side from the keyless harness (under the backseat). Are 2 for the door and 2 for the trunk?
I assume I can just take the keyless section of the original harness and install it into the new harness?
Anyone have any wiring diagrams or ideas for this?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Brian

I have found that the main harnesses have the plugs for whatever options were offered. You probably just plug in the keyless harness to the proper plug and you will be fine. I just added a Autolamp system to my 90. It also has the auto dim headlamp feature in which I had to add to the interior light harness and run under the headliner. I would assume it should be the same in your case. :)

Nah, talking the body harness. There is a seperate module for the keyless/illuminated entry with a harness that doesn't exist in the harness I bought, its about 20 wires or so. I know some need to go into the main connector where it enters the fuse box.
I may just leave out the keyless entry, I want to drive this thing again!

advanced auto has a real nice remote entry from around $100. i have it on my 94 suburban. takes about half a day to install. very easy just time consuming. just a thought for an alternative.

Ya, I hear ya on that. I'm more looking into having the keypad work by adding the wiring and module......
There's like 2 dozen wires spliced here and there....Looks like the harness will be going in without the keyless entry.:rolleyes:
Stripping weight I guess:D

Back