5 spd Tranny

stephens89sc

whenever i try and go into reverse with it, half the time it grinds and pops out and other times itll be fine but i have to hold it in reverse in order for it to work at all..... also when i try and go into 1st gear whenever i push it in normally it will grind but if i let it go in slowlly by itself it goes in fine. but 1st gear only grinds when i try and put it in when my car is moving... if im at a complete stop it goes in easily all the time......

i think i need a tranny re-build but i really dont have the money for it right now is there anythign i can do to make it work a bit better in the mean time ? can i make it work any better than it is without a re-build?

Does 2nd gear ever grind? Do you ever have to push hard to get the shifter into a gear? It almost sounds like a clutch problem.. in which case you would want to fix or at least check it immediatly before it does wear out your trans synchros. If second gear doesn't grind and its hard to put in gear, you probably have a clutch problem. Check the hydralic fluid also. Hope thats all it is..

its only hard to push into 1st gear every other gear is smooth to go into, even reverse, it goes in easy but i have to hold it in if i want it to stay in otherwise it grinds.

Back