Crazy

shawpdx1

Can't get the tranny to budge. 5speed done many trans R&R . yes the bolts are all out . Have jack under motor & motor sitting approx at normal level and jack under trans I have tryed using a pry bar to crack it wont move. as well as dropping it real quick WTH? never have had this happen before. maybe I have missed a bolt up top I can't see??? is there a mystery bolt?

just an opinion re check the trans casing to be sure all the bolts are removed , if your sure they are . you will probably just have to continue to work it out . wiggle and shake it while some is applying pressure with the pri bar , if your positive all the bolts are removed. I'm not an expert but its what i would do.

? 4 a ?

Would pushing the clutch in push the tranny away with enough force to separate them? I don't know, I'm just typing out loud.

you would think it would, but be careful you may damage the throw out bearing, but you should replace it any how while its down . how about the bolts on the oil pan, or at the very top of the trans?

I count 8 bolts removed. & obviously the starter I thought about ingaging clutch since its been sitting for 3 years but already discoed the slave. I am doing a complete clutch new fly, centerforce dual friction, pressureplate, slave, and throw out bearing

Last edited:
I called in a pry bar operator waiting for him to get here was doing it myself which should be able to, but as usual with the coupes most things don't go smooth

true, its probably just stuck like hell for some reason it happens. i got 8 also so if you have the same its just stuck .

I still like my idea

Would you be able to plug in the clutch line and give it a go? Just a thought before you bugger up the housing since you said that you were going with new slave cylinder.

yeah shes stuck going to spray some Wd on the pins, wait for the other 2 hands to wiggle it. not prying Much more jacking and lowering and wiggleing trying to get it to break. she will come once theres 4 hands onher!! thanks guys will let you know when she's down

Thanks fpr everyones input !! shes down just in time its the stock clutch still has the ford stamp on it its right at the rivets. the car is right at 90000
I was looking at my centerforce and noticed form the 3 years its been sitting since I got sick its has some grease on the disc anything I can use to clean it like brake clean? thanks

Back