Heartbroken!!!

Macros

SCCoA Member
Ok, I am truly heartbroken! Apparently the SC qualifies for Cash for Clunkers After all!

I just drove by a dealership with a beautiful SC, rebuilt engine and trans, new paint, aftermarket exhaust, etc. Sounds awesome and runs great! Heading out for the clunkers program to be destroyed!!! :eek:

I felt sick to see such a beautiful car that's going to have it's engine and transmission destroyed! I am going to try to follow it through the salvage yard and see if there is anything I can do to retrieve some of the parts, or pick up the remaining car outright!

wow, i know if i was going to do that . I would trade up with some who had a SC in terrible shape, because they have to scape them. I asked a local junk yard here, and they said it would defeat the governments purpose to part them out as they want better fuel economy vehicles on the road .... SUCKS I KNOW.

re: heartbroken

That is said to hear:( good luck salvaging, but I think they have to be smashed per the government program:eek: I could be wrong though, at least I hope! if you do get to salvage it repost please:)

Make sure you guys check with the salvage yards. From what I read, the approved yards that receive them have 180 days before they have to crush them, and certain parts can be removed for resale. The engines and transmissions need to be disabled immediately though.

Make sure you guys check with the salvage yards. From what I read, the approved yards that receive them have 180 days before they have to crush them, and certain parts can be removed for resale. The engines and transmissions need to be disabled immediately though.

that would be cool.

The entire "U.S. taxdollars for ricers" program is just one of the many current assaults on the American economy. Maybe in time real Americans will drag the puke's out of the pink/green cars and use them as a $4,500 punching bag.

So far the Top Ten selling cars under the cash for clunkers program according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration are:

1. Ford Focus

2. Honda Civic

3. Toyota Corolla

4. Toyota Prius

5. Ford Escape

6. Toyota Camry

7. Dodge Caliber

8. Hyundai Elantra

9. Honda Fit

10. Chevy Cobalt

And so far the Top Ten traded cars under the cash for clunkers program according to the Autobytel.com are:

1. Ford F-Series
2. Ford Explorer
3. Chevrolet C/K/Silverado
4. Jeep Grand Cherokee
5. Dodge Ram
6. Chevrolet Blazer
7. Jeep Cherokee
8. Dodge Grand Caravan
9. Dodge Dakota
10. Ford Ranger

they were 1mpg over the requirement. thats good, atlest we dont have to worry about those of 574 going to the scrappers. :D

well if any one reads this thread who is considering cash for clunkers , and has a nice bird you should post it for a trade to someone who has a clunker. that way you know that nice SC wont be scraped. with out a doubt in my mind i would because ether way your not losing any money your getting 4500. unless newly transferred titles don't qualify.

Just saw a 'bird in the parts yard yesterday what was a C4C.

It had a tag on the engine and the top of the motor was painted fluorescent green. Sign inside says heads and block can't be sold off of them.

Back