PDA

View Full Version : "WOT BOX" Two-Step Rev Limiter and No-lift Shifting (CLOSED)

fastsc92
08-24-2009, 12:40 PM
I recently found out about this WOT box from Ryan, (Super Red 91) and decided to get some more information about it. For those that are not familiar with the "WOT Box", it is a two-step launch controler and offers a vareity of other features such as:

Adjustable two-step rev limiter
Adjustable nitrous window switch (with add-on cable)
Global rev limiter if needed
No-lift shifting feature (cuts ignition during manual shifts so you can power shift)
No tach adapter needed
Shift light and external shift light capability
remote switch capability for manual operation if desired

Mustang Example (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/n2mb-2step-wot-shifting_381121.htm)

No-Lift Example (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj_I9FhUHNY)

Ryan (super_red91) (http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/Red91sc/?action=view&current=CLIP0003.flv)

Included in the kit is:

WOT Box
USB to Serial adapter
Universal wiring harness
Heat-shrink tubing
Ground lug
Zip Ties

Size of the unit is: 3.8" x 1.6" x 0.8"

More information can be found on their website at: http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox

http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox_kit_1000px.jpg/wotbox_kit_1000px-full;init:.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/fastsc92/2-stepscreen.jpg

All programming of adjustable limits can be done on the unit itself or programmed via laptop. The unit is very simiple to hook-up. For its opperation you need a RPM signal (spout, tach or injector signal), TPS signal, clutch switch signal, and the box is installed in-line between the 12+volt signal going to the coil pack. Automatics can also use this device if you use a hand switch/transbrake/linelock switch to trigger the two-step. Actually automatic guys have a 3-step option available as well which will allow an alternate rpm so they can have a staging and launching target rpm for the two step. That comes in very handy for guys thy like to have staging battles and bump in on the lights.

You can set the 2-step TPS threshold to any value you want and you can disable completely, although I believe that option is only available on a dual feature WOT Box. If you get 2-step only, then you may not be able to do that. You can adjust the TPS threshold for the nitrous as well. Additionally, the nitrous is automatically disabled when the 2-step is enabled or when the no-lift shift happens, to prevent problems.

Hooking up the nitrous is done through an add-on that they are just starting to offer now for sale ($75 shipped). It is not posted on the website yet. But, it will additionally allow full progressive nitrous control based on RPM and gear. This cable option is wired directly to the nitrous or meth injection relays and does not require any window switches because it is built into the software. There is clutch, rpm and throttle switches in the cable along with on and off hysterisis controls.

The nitrous add on gets wired in one of two ways:
Nitrous Configuration 1 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/fastsc92/65b78026.jpg)
or
Nitrous Configuration 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/fastsc92/1765e125.jpg)

depending on which arming switch you have.

The shift light can be hooked up to an external LED as shown here:
http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotboxshiftledandbutton

One important note is that you cannot use the nitrous and the shift light features at the same time. It is one or the other since they use the same serial output.

There are three configuration that can be ordered:

Launch Control only
No-lift shifting only
Both features installed

Just as a clarification, if you order a dual function unit, you don't have to run both features at the same time. Each feature can be turned off independently. In addition, the unit can be disabled all together, or both features can be disabled and the unit can still act as a shift light, nitrous window switch or global rev limiter.

If you intend on getting a single feature unit, you are not restricted to just launch control or just no-lift shifting. You can decide which one you want to use via the software and change it at any time. If you order a single feature unit you just can't use both features at the same time.

If you wish to order one feature then decide you want both features in the future, you can send it back for an upgrade at a later time. Automatics would only need the two-step feature.

I have contacted the company and they are willing to offer us a pretty good deal on a group purchase. Prices are as follows (add 11.50 for shipping+paypal):

1 Unit, Single feature-$129.00, Dual Feature $189.00
5+ units, 15% off ($109.65/$160.65)
10+units, 30% off ($90.30/$132.30)
25+ units, 35% off ($83.85/$122.85)

For those that are interested, I would like to get a group purchase going. I think it would be great if we can get 10 people interested. Post up if you want in on the deal or if you have any questions. Once we populate the list with at least 5 people (10 would be better), we can arrange the payment method. All in all...this item packs a big punch at an extremely affordable price. Just the nitrous features alone are worth the cost (TPS activation, window switch and a progressive option soon). Personally, Im excited about this.

I'd like to close the group buy at the end of the week (Friday, 28th Aug), this way I can get payment from everyone, place the orders, and allow for enough shipping time so that everyone can get their units a few weeks before the shootout and have enough time to install and test.

"The List"

31 Total Units

Fastsc92 (2 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
bigpoppa822 (2 Dual Feature) Paid 9/8
fiveohslowpoke (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
baer198 (1 Dual Feature, 1 A/C Adapter) Paid 8/31
BLOWN38 (1 Single Feature, 1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/3
Mike8675309 (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/30
sinhumane (1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/3
CMac89 (1 Single Feature) Paid 9/4
DLF (2 Dual Features) Paid 8/28
XR7 Dave (3 Dual Features) Paid 8/28
posjr (1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/14
Toms-SC (1 Single Feature) Paid 8/29
CharlieB (1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/7
Sxar (1 Single Feature, 1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/1
Micahdogg (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/31
rodney92sc (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
Schwab76 (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
Thomas A (1 Single Feature) Paid 9/2
joker77_2005 (1 Dual Feature, 1 A/C Adapter) Paid 9/4)
Tim Groth (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
eron94sc (1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/2
JNT (1 Single Feature) Paid 9/3
89_red_xr7 (1 Single Feature) Paid 8/28
bitemark46 (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28

Group Buy Closed

bigpoppa822
08-24-2009, 12:58 PM
If we can get 10 I'm in for a dual feature.

baer198
08-24-2009, 01:05 PM
NO WAY, no grinding gears while speed shifting that would be sweet. + you don't damage the syncro's wow. i have a manual trans, and would love that if it works like it said.

baer198
08-24-2009, 01:07 PM
I think i will say it again, WOW!! . one of us should test this out for sure. auto, and manual .

fastsc92
08-24-2009, 01:08 PM
I think i will say it again, WOW!! . one of us should test this out for sure. auto, and manual .

SuperRed91 has it in his 91 5-speed and it works. I see no reason why it wouldn't work with an auto car.

So Baer are you in, or are you on the fence?

baer198
08-24-2009, 01:29 PM
man that is cool, just thinking about speed shifting with no major problems being developed in the trans is giving me

WOOD lmao. driving a stick shift just got a lot better

fastsc92
08-24-2009, 01:30 PM
man that is cool, just thinking about speed shifting with no major problems being developed in the trans is giving me

WOOD lmao. driving a stick shift just got a lot better

are you in, or not?...lol

baer198
08-24-2009, 01:33 PM
heck yea, it all depends on when the cash is do. I got five kids so money is all ways tight, well working on six now lmao.

baer198
08-24-2009, 01:40 PM
The ignition cut allows the synchros in your transmission to mesh easily, reducing the chance of missing a gear and damaging your transmission. Keeping your foot down through the shift also allows you to hold boost through the shift, thereby significantly improving your E.T.

That's all i see ......

Toms-SC
08-24-2009, 02:15 PM
How would the two step work on an AOD car? I'd be interested in the the launch control aspect.

fastsc92
08-24-2009, 02:23 PM
How would the two step work on an AOD car? I'd be interested in the the launch control aspect.

It would function the same way, except you'd need some other type of switch to act as the clutch switch. This could be a transbrake button, line lock button, ect. You would have to manually release the button to launch ro use your brake light switch. The unit just looks at the state of the switch as open or closed (i believe it needs +12 volts to be activated). So if the TPS senses a WOT condition, and your switch is closed, it'll activate the two step. Once the switch is sensed as open, the two step turns off.

bigpoppa822
08-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Jay, is this a universal box, or does it only work for Fords, what's the deal? I have some friends that may be interested but they drive mostly German stuff.

fastsc92
08-24-2009, 04:12 PM
They have an application specific list on their website, but for the most part it is universal.

◦Audi B5 A4
◦Audi B5 A4
◦Audi B5 S4 (2.7T)
◦Audi B6 A4
◦Audi C5 A6 (2.7T)
◦Audi TT
◦Chevy Cobalt LT 2.2L
◦Chevy Cobalt SS 2.0SC
◦Dodge Neon SRT-4
◦Ford Mustang Cobra 4.6SC 4th Generation
◦Ford Mustang GT 4.6L 4th Generation
◦Ford Mustang 5th Generation (including Shelby)
◦Honda Civic DX
◦Honda Civic EX
◦Honda Civic Si
◦Infinity G35
◦Mazda 3i/s 2.0L / 2.3L
◦Mazda 3i/s 2.0L / 2.3L
◦Mazda 6s
◦Mazda Speed 3
◦Mazda Speed 6
◦Mazda Speed Protégé
◦MINI Cooper S
◦Mitsubishi Eclipse
◦Mitsubishi Mirage
◦Nissan 350Z
◦Nissan Sentra Spec V
◦Pontiac Solstice 2.0T
◦Pontiac Solstice 2.4L
◦Saturn Ion Redline
◦Saturn Sky Redline 2.0T
◦Saturn Sky Redline 2.4L
◦Seat Leon Cupra
◦Scion tC
◦Scion xB
◦Subaru Impreza 2.5T 2004-2006
◦VW Beetle 1.8T
◦VW GTI Mk3 2.0L
◦VW GTI Mk3 VR6
◦VW GTI Mk4 1.8T
◦VW GTI MkV 2.0T
◦VW Jetta 1.8T
◦VW Jetta III VR6
◦VW Jetta VR6
◦VW Passat Mk5
◦VW R32

If the vehicle is not listed, it'll pretty much work with any car that has a common 12+ volt signal going to the coil pack, TPS sensor, and a clutch switch(or push button). It uses either a crank signal, ignition signal (tach signal) or an injector signal for the RPM measurement. If the vehicle is on the list, I believe that you can use a crank sensor signal and configure it in the drop-down list of the software. If not on the list you can use an injector signal or tach signal in order to get the RPM measurement.

bigpoppa822
08-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Make that 2 for me, my buddy is in.

BLOWN38
08-24-2009, 04:59 PM
AH YES! A 2 step without haveing to get a MSD.:D

Sign me up. 2 step only for auto.

fastsc92
08-24-2009, 05:01 PM
looks like we have 7 so far.....three more to go to get 30% off....or we can keep this open with hopes to fill 25 spots, but I think that'll be a stretch.

baer198
08-24-2009, 05:04 PM
25 if it won't be to long, better price break . I'll take the No-Lift Shift

Toms-SC
08-24-2009, 05:27 PM
looks like we have 7 so far.....three more to go to get 30% off....or we can keep this open with hopes to fill 25 spots, but I think that'll be a stretch.

Don't you worry about that. Keep it open for a week. I sent this to 4 buddies. :cool: Don't write me down for anything yet.

baer198
08-24-2009, 05:35 PM
I think a lot of SC drivers will want one, especially if you have a Manuel trans....

Mike8675309
08-24-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm in. I'd want both launch and no-shift.

sinhumane
08-24-2009, 06:11 PM
if it stays open until mid october, i'll take two. one single and one dual.

fastsc92
08-24-2009, 06:20 PM
if it stays open until mid october, i'll take two. one single and one dual.

I'd like to wrap this up as soon as we can, and I don't think it'll last as long as mid october.

sinhumane
08-24-2009, 06:23 PM
well poop.... i suppose i'll be in for a single program then. start saving my pennies. :D

baer198
08-24-2009, 06:26 PM
well poop.... i suppose i'll be in for a single program then. start saving my pennies. :D

lol same here.....

fastsc92
08-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Just as a clarification to everyone. If you order a dual function unit, you don't have to run both features at the same time. Each feature can be turned off independently. In addition, the unit can be disabled all together, or both features can be disabled and the unit can still act as a shift light, nitrous window switch or global rev limiter.

sinhumane
08-24-2009, 06:27 PM
global rev as in through all gears... amirite? this wont interfere with a tuning solution in place at all will it? nor will it need retuning to compensate? :confused:

baer198
08-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Just as a clarification to everyone. If you order a dual function unit, you don't have to run both features at the time time. Each feature can be turned off independently. In addition, the unit can be disabled all together, or both features can be disabled and the unit can still act as a shift light, nitrous window switch or global rev limiter.

sweet, i'll take the dual version then, i might try a low rpm launch, but i know the rke's don't like that lol

fastsc92
global rev as in through all gears... amirite? this wont interfere with a tuning solution in place at all will it? nor will it need retuning to compensate? :confused:

yes, it'll act as the overall rev limiter for the engine. So you could set it slightly lower than the factory limiter. Information is available on their website for included features.

sinhumane
i suppose the difference in price isnt much, i'll be in for a dual.

baer198
08-24-2009, 06:31 PM
not what your saying is this unit can also act like a rev limiter for my SC, so say i don't what it to rev over 5400 in any gear it won't ?

fastsc92
08-24-2009, 06:37 PM
not what your saying is this unit can also act like a rev limiter for my SC, so say i don't what it to rev over 5400 in any gear it won't ?

not if you set the global limiter at 5400, it'll stop reving there, as it acts independently of the other two features.

baer198
08-24-2009, 06:47 PM
this should be a nice group buy then, because i know I'm not the only one who has over revved the SC buy missing a gear or not staring at the tach. + the price is not that bad for what you get . i would say at least two weeks so people on vacation, and stuff has time to jump in on this...........

CMac89
08-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Since I went through puberty ten years ago and can shift, I'll take a 2-step only.:)

Just as long as I can get it in time for the Shootout, I'll be good.

baer198
08-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Since I went through puberty ten years ago and can shift, I'll take a 2-step only.:)

so what your saying is you don't miss a shift ever now and again? or you have an auto?

CMac89
08-24-2009, 06:57 PM
I have a stick car. My hands were submersed in the same waters of Achilles, but a spot wasn't missed.

baer198
08-24-2009, 07:01 PM
I have a stick car. My hands were submersed in the same waters of Achilles, but a spot wasn't missed.

That's pretty good you might want to think about being a professional driver, even the best driver's in the world miss shifts lol

fastsc92
08-24-2009, 07:14 PM

If I may quote the Office....."Boom, Roasted!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXIYBlRuEuI)

baer198
08-24-2009, 07:16 PM
lol............................

DLF
08-24-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm in, both features, 2 boxes.

XR7 Dave
08-24-2009, 08:12 PM
I'd like to wrap this up as soon as we can, and I don't think it'll last as long as mid october.

Why not? You don't even have a car yet! lol

XR7 Dave
08-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Oh, and I'll take a couple units also.

CMac89
08-24-2009, 08:17 PM
That's pretty good you might want to think about being a professional driver, even the best driver's in the world miss shifts lol

I have plenty of toys!

baer198
08-24-2009, 08:22 PM
I have plenty of toys!

lol me too, just not many sports car's!!:mad:

BLOWN38
08-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Aw hell put me in for 2 too. 1 two step and 1 full feature. Also just need it in time to install before shootout.:cool:

fastsc92
08-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Why not? You don't even have a car yet! lol

Again...."Boom, Roasted!"

But you do make a valid point. I can have a two step and dream all I want, but until I get another clutch after the last one grenaded last year, I won't be going anywhere....

fastsc92
08-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Here is an update (which I'll add to the original post as well..).

I contacted the company about additional features that weren't listed on their website regarding the nitrous window switch and shift light features. This was the response:

Hi Jason,

Yes, you can set the 2-step TPS threshold to any value you want and you can disable completely, although I believe that option is only available on a dual feature WOT Box. If you get 2-step only, then you may not be able to do that. I highly recommend getting both features, because the no-lift shift is the important feature for really gaining time and improving performance.

You can adjust the TPS threshold for the nitrous as well. Additionally, the nitrous is automatically disabled when the 2-step is enabled or when the no-lift shift happens, to prevent problems.

Hooking up the nitrous is done through an add-on that we are just starting to offer now for sale. It is not posted on the website yet. But, it will additionally allow full progressive nitrous control based on RPM and gear.

The nitrous add on gets wired in one of two ways:
http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/window_sw_output_hiamp_sw.png
or
http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/window_sw_output_normal_sw.png

depending on which arming switch you have.

The shift light can be hooked up to an external LED as shown here:

but you cannot use the nitrous and the shift light at the same time. It is one or the other since they use the same output.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Jon

So it looks like people with nitrous on a WOT switch(like myself) can launch without worry of spraying during the two step or during any of the rev limit events. Also, you can enable the built-in window switch if you wish. All in all...this item packs a big punch at an extremely affordable price. Just the nitrous features alone are worth the cost (TPS activation and a window switch). Personally, Im excited about this. I'd like to close the group buy at the end of the week (Friday, 28th Aug), this way I can get payment from everyone, place the orders, and allow for enough shipping time so that everyone can get their units a few weeks before the shootout and have enough time to install and test.

BLOWN38
08-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Also you automatic guys, there is no problem hooking this up for a 2 step.

posjr
08-24-2009, 09:52 PM
I'll take one!

Toms-SC
08-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Fug it,

I'll take one. Two-step only.

fastsc92
08-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Looks like we're up to 17 units right now. If your name or quantity isn't on "The List" in the original post, please let me know. It looks like we may get 25 units and knock the price down some more. Spread the word and we might actually get 35% off.

super red91
08-25-2009, 09:02 AM
You have to be able to get 25 people. This thing is a steal at its orginal price, but getting a 2 step for $84 is just not even right :eek:

fastsc92
08-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Another update, contacted the company again regarding the nitrous controls and usage for you automatic guys.

If you have an auto trans you can wire up the clutch switch to either ground, or 12+. You do all the configuration in the software to indicate which state is open, and which state is closed. So for guys with transbrakes, just wiring it up to that switch, and other auto guys can wire it up to the brake pedal switch if you want to. I was also informed that auto guys will have a 3-step option which will allow an alternate rpm so you can have a staging and launching target rpm for the two step. That comes in very handy for guys that like to have staging battles and bump in on the lights. You only need a single feature unit in order to do this. It will require either the lockout or tps threshold to remain enabled so that it cannot be used as a no-lift shift as well.

The nitrous control option is available for around $75 shipped. From what I understand (they just developed it recently) is that it'll turn off the nitrous or meth injection (if triggered by a wot switch) during the two step operation and during the WOT shifts for a few milliseconds. The nitrous cable option also will be able to progressively control the nitrous based on RPM (very cool). This isn't confirmed, but I assume that it would pulse your solenoid(s) to ramp the power from low to high. So if your nitrous system doesn't have a TPS activation...or a window switch....or progressive control, and you want one, this cable option would take care of that. More details on this are to follow, and will be listed on their website sometime this week.

CharlieB
08-25-2009, 09:48 AM
You can put me down for 1 dual feature.

Charlie B.

Sxar
08-25-2009, 10:29 AM
I'll take a single feature and a dual feature.

Matt

fastsc92
08-25-2009, 11:38 AM
I'll take one!

were you interested in a dual or single feature unit?

Toms-SC
08-25-2009, 11:42 AM
The nitrous control option is available for around $75 shipped.

I want this. Can you confirm if this is a separate unit? or is this a add on box? Do I need a two feature unit to make this work or can I just use two-step? Will this fall into the group by pricing? :cool: Awesome

fastsc92
08-25-2009, 11:54 AM
I want this. Can you confirm if this is a separate unit? or is this a add on box? Do I need a two feature unit to make this work or can I just use two-step? Will this fall into the group by pricing? :cool: Awesome

I was told to wait on more details until they release it on the site. The price they told me was $75 shipped, and I do not believe that price is discounted (we'd need 10+ in order to get a discount on that item).

Again, from what I've been told is that this is a box add-on. I believe it plugs into the serial port on the box itself, then gets wired up to your nitrous system. I asked if the user could make their own cable but I was told no, because this add-on includes a 15amp solid state driver, which I assume is used to pulse the nitrous solenoids for progressive control.

If the buyer wishes to make a shift-light out of the device, that cable can be made easily using a serial connector.

I'll have to check whether or not you need a dual feature unit in order to use the nitrous controls.

Micahdogg
08-25-2009, 01:13 PM
I want one unit with both features please.

Micah

fastsc92
08-25-2009, 01:24 PM
List has been updated....only 4 more to go to get the 35% price break!

sinhumane
08-25-2009, 02:26 PM
woohooo! lol. i'm poor, so every penny counts!

baer198
08-25-2009, 02:28 PM
I cant wait to get it , they have some sweet videos on that site .

neverfastenough
08-25-2009, 04:51 PM
If the ending date stretches to next weekish, Ill be in for a single program most likely.

Corey

sinhumane
08-25-2009, 06:29 PM
i think we should give until atleast the end of next week, esp. for those not getting paid until the 31st. :eek::D

Mike8675309
08-25-2009, 09:08 PM
anyone know any mustang boards... they might love something like this.

rodney92sc
08-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Put me down for 1 dual feature.

Rodney

Schwab76
08-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Add one more for the dual feature, not on the list

Thomas A
08-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Put me down for 1 unit, 2-step launch control only. ;)

Thomas

Ira R.
08-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Did anyone check to see if the specs say if there is a minimum rpm you must use when you set the rpm's to launch the car? If the device requires too high an rpm I'm wondering if the brakes will hold at the tree........

Ira

fastsc92
08-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Did anyone check to see if the specs say if there is a minimum rpm you must use when you set the rpm's to launch the car? If the device requires too high an rpm I'm wondering if the brakes will hold at the tree........

Ira

Ira, you can adjust the lockout RPM, and adjust the TPS threshold, or turn off the TPS threshold so you don't have to hold the gas to the floor. All is done via software. As long as you enable the clutch switch below the lockout RPM, and meet the TPS threshold, it'll enaged at the RPM you set.

joker77_2005
08-26-2009, 11:57 AM
im interested butt have a question, do u still push in the clutch and hold the gas pedal to floor when u shift,or just shift without the clutch?
thanks
mike

David Neibert
08-26-2009, 12:07 PM
im interested butt have a question, do u still push in the clutch and hold the gas pedal to floor when u shift,or just shift without the clutch?
thanks
mike

Still need to use the clutch...the clutch switch is what engauges the rev limiter.

David

joker77_2005
08-26-2009, 12:10 PM
ill take one,dual feature
mike

fastsc92
08-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Still need to use the clutch...the clutch switch is what engauges the rev limiter.

David

What Dave said...plus you wouldn't want to be shifting without the clutch unless you had a tranny made for shifting that way (def. not ours)

joker77_2005
08-26-2009, 12:23 PM
What Dave said...plus you wouldn't want to be shifting without the clutch unless you had a tranny made for shifting that way (def. not ours)
yea thats what i thought,butt i wanted to play dumb and make sure
mike

fastsc92
08-26-2009, 12:42 PM
The list has been updated. If your name or quanity/feature is not on the list, please let me know and I'll fix it.

Since we have reached the 25 unit mark, we should begin to talk about payment. I know that some have expressed that they would like until next week to pay, which is fine. I will not be placing the order until the end of next week (Sept. 4th 2009). This should give everyone time, and if this is still a problem, please contact me and we can arrange something else.

One thing that everyone should be aware of is that in order to get the discount rate, the company is requiring to ship all the units to one location, which would be myself. If this is a concern to anyone, please speak up now and we can adress this. Once I receive the units I will ship them out accordingly via USPS and provide a delivery confirmation.

I think paypal would be the easiest method for payment as it provides proof of payment, buyer protection and if you decide to back out after the order is placed, it will be easy to issue a full refund. Again, if this is a problem, please let me know.

Pricing for the 35% discount are as follows:

Single Feature- $83.85

Dual Feature- $122.85

Please add an additional $11.50 per order(not per unit) to cover shipping expenses. If everyone is kosher on this we can start the process by the end of the week. This should give enough time for everyone to pay by end of day on the 4th, enough time for the shipment to arrive to me, and then enough time for me to ship them out to each member.

Toms-SC
08-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Make sure you get us to add a small % to cover the paypal fee. :)

And would we have to pay for shipping twice? like, $10 to you, than anothe $10 to it's final destination?

fastsc92
08-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Make sure you get us to add a small % to cover the paypal fee. :)

And would we have to pay for shipping twice? like, $10 to you, than anothe $10 to it's final destination?

No, the $11.50 already accounts for the paypal fee, your shipping fee and a portion of the original fee from the company to myself.

If I ship it via USPS flat rate, It'll cost roughly $6.xx for shipping and delivery confirmation. The additional $4.xx added to your shipping costs takes into account the paypal fee and a portion of the original shipping from N2MB to myself.

**Edit.....I messed up my spread sheet. The shipping is actually $11.50, not $10.50**

baer198
08-26-2009, 01:08 PM
The list has been updated. If your name or quanity/feature is not on the list, please let me know and I'll fix it.

Since we have reached the 25 unit mark, we should begin to talk about payment. I know that some have expressed that they would like until next week to pay, which is fine. I will not be placing the order until the end of next week (Sept. 4th 2009). This should give everyone time, and if this is still a problem, please contact me and we can arrange something else.

One thing that everyone should be aware of is that in order to get the discount rate, the company is requiring to ship all the units to one location, which would be myself. If this is a concern to anyone, please speak up now and we can adress this. Once I receive the units I will ship them out accordingly via USPS and provide a delivery confirmation.

I think paypal would be the easiest method for payment as it provides proof of payment, buyer protection and if you decide to back out after the order is placed, it will be easy to issue a full refund. Again, if this is a problem, please let me know.

Pricing for the 35% discount are as follows:

Single Feature- $83.85

Dual Feature- $122.85

Please add an additional $10.50 per order(not per unit) to cover shipping expenses. If everyone is kosher on this we can start the process by the end of the week. This should give enough time for everyone to pay by end of day on the 4th, enough time for the shipment to arrive to me, and then enough time for me to ship them out to each member.

sounds good.........

fastsc92
08-26-2009, 01:10 PM
I just edited my post...I messed up the spread sheet when copying cells. It's actually $11.50 instead of $10.50. And this may change depending on who else is added to the list before the end of the week.

BLOWN38
08-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Sounds good here too. Just give us the paypal addy.:)

Tim Groth
08-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Put me down for 1 dual feature.-

-Tim

fastsc92
08-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Anyone want to spread the word to the folks over at tccoa?

DLF
08-26-2009, 05:38 PM
You'll PM us with your PayPal address, I assume?

fastsc92
08-26-2009, 05:39 PM
I'll list it in the first thread, just to keep everything in one spot.

fastsc92
08-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Also, reading my original post, I was not completely clear about the single vs. dual features.

If you intend on getting a single feature unit, you are not restricted to just launch control or just no-lift shifting. You can decide which one you want to use via the software and change it at any time. If you order a single feature unit you just can't use both features at the same time.

sinhumane
08-26-2009, 08:29 PM
sounds good to me boss, paypal will be headed at cha when i get my pay from training. short atm because of having to pay for hotel and per diem out of pocket :eek:

CMac89
08-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Is there a way to make a 3-Step burnout rev limiter for this? If so, I would be using a line lock to activate it, but it would be separate from the 2-step itself.

fastsc92
08-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Is there a way to make a 3-Step burnout rev limiter for this? If so, I would be using a line lock to activate it, but it would be separate from the 2-step itself.

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how the 3-step works. My contact over at N2MB says that it's for the automatic guys. From the software screen shots, it looks like it's called "alternate RPM" under the launch control section. I'll inquire about it and get back to you ASAP.

eron94sc
08-26-2009, 11:44 PM
put me down for 1 dual feature

posjr
08-26-2009, 11:51 PM
were you interested in a dual or single feature unit?

Dual for sure!

fastsc92
08-27-2009, 10:11 AM

I heard back from the company about this feature. This is what they wrote:

Right now it is activated by tapping the button on the WOT Box while the launch control is engaged. When the button is tapped, it will jump to an alternate RPM.

That signal can also be provided through the serial port using a simple cable. If you apply 12V to pin #3 of the cable, it will do the same thing. So, you can wire an external button for it.

I am modifying the software right now to allow a continuous 12V to engage the alternate RPM using a switch, such as from a transbrake solenoid. Right now it is setup for a momentary toggle.

You could use it as an alternate rev limiter on a manual transmission car for the burnout box. You could have it automatically activated from the e-brake switch.

CMac89
08-27-2009, 12:02 PM
So are they saying that you press the button to send it to alternate RPM and then T into the clutch switch wire to activate a burnout limiter? Then after the burnout just press the button again to switch to 2-step?

fastsc92
08-27-2009, 12:13 PM
So are they saying that you press the button to send it to alternate RPM and then T into the clutch switch wire to activate a burnout limiter? Then after the burnout just press the button again to switch to 2-step?

I'm not really sure to be honest. My interpretation of it is that you would have the launch control activated, then use a switch to trigger the alternate RPM.

If this is the case, it seems like you would set the alternate rpm setting higher than the launch RPM. In the situation with the automatic guys, they would use the lower RPM setting to bump into the lights at an rpm of something like 2500, then they would activate the alternate RPM, which is higher for actually launching the car once the tree starts.

As far as the manual trans is concerned, I'm not sure how exactly that works. Maybe if pin 3 is supplied with 12 volts it triggers the alternate RPM regardless of the clutch switch position.

We'll have to wait until they release the documentation for all these additional features.

CMac89
08-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Did they ever mention whenever that software will be available?

JNT
08-27-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm in for 1 of the single feature launch control only for an automatic.

Joe

fastsc92
08-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Important update for everyone on the list:

I have added an "Add to Cart" button to the bottom of the original post. Please select which feature you were interested in, enter your SCCOA user name and click "Add to Cart". This will bring up a new window which you can modify your quantity, review your information, enter your zip code and proceed to checkout.

If you were interested in one single feature and one dual feature, click "Continue Shopping". This will temporarilly close the shopping cart window and return you to the SCCOA site. Select the additional item you wanted and follow the same proceedures as listed above. This will return you back to your shopping cart and your previous item(s) should still be listed.

Again, please review your information before proceeding to checkout and verify that a single shipping charge was added. Please make the address verified by paypal your correct shipping address.

Once I receive your payment, I will mark you on the list as Paid. Please complete payment by Friday, September 4th so that I can place the order. If people originally on the list decide to back-out of the deal, please note that the prices may change if we fall below the 25 unit mark. You will be notified by the end of the week if this happens (let's hope everyone comes through...).

Tim Groth
08-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Done Deal - You've got money.

-Tim

Toms-SC
08-28-2009, 02:21 PM
How about for those of us in Canada? :p

89_Red_Xr7
08-28-2009, 04:14 PM
In and fully paid up for a single feature....
Now to get my cougar up and running again and terrorize the streets. MUAHAHAHAHAH:rolleyes:

fastsc92
08-28-2009, 05:24 PM
In and fully paid up for a single feature....
Now to get my cougar up and running again and terrorize the streets. MUAHAHAHAHAH:rolleyes:

Added you to the list.

Did that check-out button work OK for everyone else? I tried to make it a simple process

89_Red_Xr7
08-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Added you to the list.

Did that check-out button work OK for everyone else? I tried to make it a simple process

Quick and painless.

fastsc92
08-28-2009, 05:26 PM
How about for those of us in Canada? :p

Shipping is more $$ to Canada and I didn't even think about it, but I'll cover the difference...just check-out normally.

joker77_2005
08-28-2009, 07:17 PM
so does it have to be in the car and hooked up to program it or can people with out laptops unhook it and take it inside to their home computer to program?
thanks
mike

baer198
08-28-2009, 07:25 PM
yes you can remove it from the car, and program it on a desk top PC, if you buy the power pack for 9.99 on their website .....

DLF
08-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Added you to the list.

Worked fine...

fastsc92
08-28-2009, 08:21 PM
so does it have to be in the car and hooked up to program it or can people with out laptops unhook it and take it inside to their home computer to program?
thanks
mike

You can also program the basic features via the box itself by holding a button and programming a certain number of flashes. The software is for more advanced features such as changing TPS thresholds, lockout rpm's ect. But yes, you can use a power supply and do it from a desktop PC.

joker77_2005
08-28-2009, 08:24 PM
are u set up to handle ordering of the adapter with our box order or wud we need to goto the website to order it?
mike

fastsc92
08-28-2009, 08:25 PM
are u set up to handle ordering of the adapter with our box order or wud we need to goto the website to order it?
mike

I can set it up...just give me a little while to adjust the checkout proceedure. Check back tomorrow and that option will be there.

joker77_2005
08-28-2009, 08:26 PM
good deal,im not trying to be a pain just wanted to be sure
mike

fastsc92
08-28-2009, 09:35 PM
good deal,im not trying to be a pain just wanted to be sure
mike

No problem at all. I was watching football and was too lazy to change the button at that momment:p. It should be all set now and you should be able to add it to the cart.

super red91
08-28-2009, 09:56 PM
I added a video under the 2 step solution post if anyone is interested in seeing it in action

sinhumane
08-29-2009, 10:53 PM
fastsc, thank you soooo much for making payment painless... :D soon as they plunk my training pay inteh bank it will be off to you!!!!

i sooo exzzzited! :D:D:D:D

fastsc92
08-31-2009, 09:22 AM
The listed has been updated to show payment status.

posjr
08-31-2009, 10:41 AM
I get paid in a few days. Will make payment for sure by end of week.

Toms-SC
08-31-2009, 12:16 PM
I think this whole group buy here thing proves the SC crowd is willing to pay up for something new and innovative. Quarterhorse GB next? :)

CMac89
08-31-2009, 02:08 PM
QH group buy, indeed! It won't be $84, though.

bigpoppa822
08-31-2009, 03:27 PM
I'd probably be in for a QH GB if we got a decent break. Someone hit up Mr. Moates!

Thomas A
08-31-2009, 07:54 PM
I was thinking about this tonight, and had a thought come to mind.

Couldn't the automatic guys using this for the 2 step launch feature tie it into our brake light circuit? I was thinking of installing it with a master ON/OFF switch, and then tie it into the brake light switch. That way when you roll up to the staging lights, you hit your brakes, then turn the 2 step feature on, and when you let off the brakes it would turn off. That way you wouldn't have to mess with trying to hit a button as you launch, and you could focus on the lights more, and just release the brake when you ready to go, as your accelerator will already be to the floor.

Does that make sense, and is it possible to wire it in that?? :confused:

Thomas

fastsc92
08-31-2009, 07:55 PM

Couldn't the automatic guys using this for the 2 step launch feature tie it into our brake light circuit? I was thinking of installing it with a master ON/OFF switch, and then tie it into the brake light switch. That way when you roll up to the staging lights, you hit your brakes, then turn the feature on, and when you let off the brakes it would turn off. That way you wouldn't have to mess with trying to hit a button as you launch, and you could focus on the lights more, and just release the brake when you ready to go, as your accelerator will already be to the floor.

Thomas

Yup you can do that...i posted that in one of my responses. It's somewhere within these 7 pages....:p You'll just have to configure it in the software to make sure the state of the switch is correct.

Thomas A
08-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Ah, I must have missed it. That's great! That is what I plan to do then. ;)

Thomas

BLOWN38
08-31-2009, 09:55 PM

Couldn't the automatic guys using this for the 2 step launch feature tie it into our brake light circuit? I was thinking of installing it with a master ON/OFF switch, and then tie it into the brake light switch. That way when you roll up to the staging lights, you hit your brakes, then turn the 2 step feature on, and when you let off the brakes it would turn off. That way you wouldn't have to mess with trying to hit a button as you launch, and you could focus on the lights more, and just release the brake when you ready to go, as your accelerator will already be to the floor.

Thomas

This is how I have done 3 marauders. On my dad's I actually made the master switch the OD off button. Works great and one less button the old man has to remember to push.:)

Toms-SC
09-01-2009, 11:46 AM

Thomas

Thomas, if you were able to do up a FAQ article on this I'd be very interested.

Thomas A
09-01-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm clueless when it comes to this type of stuff. I was going to ask my brother to help me with it. ;)

Thomas

fastsc92
09-02-2009, 04:18 PM
As of 4:15 EST, Sept 2nd, the list has been updated once again to show payment status.

Currently there are 10 people who have not paid yet. I know some people are waiting towards the end of the week, which is perfectly fine. This is just a friendly reminder that the order will be placed by the end of day on the 4th. Hopefully everyone will come through because as it stands right now, we do not meet the 35% price break.

joker77_2005
09-02-2009, 08:54 PM
i may have missed it some where in the many post but is the nitrous control included in the dual feature?,i know it says u cant use the shift lite and n20 control at the same time...just wondering
thanks
mike

fastsc92
09-02-2009, 09:30 PM
i may have missed it some where in the many post but is the nitrous control included in the dual feature?,i know it says u cant use the shift lite and n20 control at the same time...just wondering
thanks
mike

The nitrous control can be used with either the single or dual feature I believe (don't quote me on that), but in order for the nitrous features to work you would need to purchase an additional controller. This controller has circuitry that can control the current of nitrous solenoids for progressive control. I was told that they are going to be releasing information about this item on their website soon, but it is available for sale now. Again, I'm not too familar with what's involved, but in the original post, I added links that they sent me on how to wire it up.

Does that help?

joker77_2005
09-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Request Error (invalid_request)

Your request could not be processed. Request could not be handled
This could be caused by a misconfiguration, or possibly a malformed request.

For assistance, contact your network support team.
for some reason i can not access the link
mike

fastsc92
09-03-2009, 09:42 AM
...for some reason i can not access the link
mike

I wasn't aware of this, but thanks for pointing it out. It's fixed now.

I was thinking last night that you might be able to control nitrous functions without the use of that cable (at least everything besides the progressive control).

I'm going to assume that at least one pin on the serial connection supplies 12 volts when certain conditions are met (that's how they claim their shift light works). If that's the case, I would think that you could wire up a relay, which would be normally closed (pin 87A). Once 12 volts are supplied to the relay (via pin 86 on the relay) when conditions are met, it'll activate the relay and break the signal for pins 30 and 87A, stopping the higher current for your nitrous solenoids and turn off the system. Once 12 volts are removed, it'll connect the circuit again and function normally.

I'm going to inquire about this today as it seems like an easy solution.

joker77_2005
09-03-2009, 09:52 AM
yes,exactly what u said
mike

JNT
09-03-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm all paid up. :cool:

Joe

sinhumane
09-03-2009, 07:16 PM
paid up, boss. :)

BLOWN38
09-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Paid for my 2.:)

25 orders we in like flin!:cool:

sinhumane
09-03-2009, 08:36 PM
woo wooooooooooooo :eek::D

joker77_2005
09-04-2009, 08:11 AM
All paid up
mike

fastsc92
09-05-2009, 08:47 AM
The order will go through sometime today. Three people on the list still have not paid. I will give them a little longer (they have been contacted via PM)before I place the order and close the group buy. I'd love to keep this open longer, but I also want to get the ball rolling so that everyone can get their units before the shootout.

Kurt K
09-05-2009, 09:52 AM
The order will go through sometime today. Three people on the list still have not paid. I will give them a little longer (they have been contacted via PM)before I place the order and close the group buy. I'd love to keep this open longer, but I also want to get the ball rolling so that everyone can get their units before the shootout.

Just a thought. But since it is a Holiday weekend and the company is most-likely closed until Tuesday, you could probably complete the big order on Tuesday and not affect delivery.

fastsc92
09-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Just a thought. But since it is a Holiday weekend and the company is most-likely closed until Tuesday, you could probably complete the big order on Tuesday and not affect delivery.

Myself and the contact at N2MB were planning to arrange the order yesterday so it would ship today (which didn't happen). We were hoping to still get the order out the door today. I guess I can hold off until Tuesday as long as it's cool with everyone else.

fastsc92
09-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Order WILL be placed first thing Tuesday morning. I delayed putting the order through to allow the remaining non-payers time to square up.

BLOWN38
09-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Good deal! Thanks for putting this together.:)

fastsc92
09-08-2009, 09:46 AM
The order has been processed and will be shipping to me soon. Once I ship them out, everyone will be notified by the email provided by paypal and given a tracking number.

baer198
09-08-2009, 12:01 PM
thanks......

Toms-SC
09-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks. Let me know if you need a couple more $$$ for shipping to Canada.

fastsc92
09-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Been a little while so I figured I'd give an update:

I received a confirmation that the order has been shipped. I should expect it here by Wed. and I should be shipping them back out by Thursday. I was expecting to get them sooner but I guess they programmed each one before it left the shop, which took an extra day or so.

fastsc92
09-17-2009, 05:34 PM
WOT boxes came in today. I will be shipping them via USPS tomorrow morning. Everyone should have them by Wed. at the latest (should be there sooner than that). Just as proof that I didn't take everyone's money and run...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/fastsc92/dd2ffd56.jpg

Toms-SC
09-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Looks good :cool:

qc89SC
09-17-2009, 07:25 PM
if i had cash...:(

fastsc92
09-18-2009, 11:11 AM
All items have been shipped via USPS. Everyone should have received a confirmation number via the email that paypal had on file. I shipped them at 9AM EST 9-19-09 so expect to see them in 2-3 days.

I want to thank everyone for pitching in and getting us a good group rate. I would have never expected we'd get 30 units when I first started this up. Awesome job. :D

DLF
09-18-2009, 12:11 PM
I want to thank everyone for pitching in and getting us a good group rate. I would have never expected we'd get 30 units when I first started this up. Awesome job. :D

You're the one that's deserves congratulations :)

Thanks for putting this together.

baer198
09-18-2009, 01:12 PM
All items have been shipped via USPS. Everyone should have received a confirmation number via the email that paypal had on file. I shipped them at 9AM EST 9-19-09 so expect to see them in 2-3 days.

THANK you for handling all of this:D

Micahdogg
09-18-2009, 01:34 PM
I wanted to say thanks too!

Now I just hope someone shows me how to install the thing....because me and wiring = not good outcomes.

Tim Groth
09-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Seriously NICE WORK and thanks for all you've put into making this successful.

-Tim

rodney92sc
09-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Jason, Awesome job on making this happen.

Thanks again,

Rodney

DLF
09-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Got mine today, thanks again!

sinhumane
09-21-2009, 02:31 PM
having a pleasant monday.. got mine.. and found out that my 95 ISNT done for.... false alarm, power steering pump pooped on me.

setting it up now! :D

baer198
09-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Got It thanks.

joker77_2005
09-21-2009, 02:55 PM
got it today ,....thanks again
now if i can just figure out what wire on the clutch switch i use
i have an 89 xr7 if nebody can help
thanks
mike

bigpoppa822
09-21-2009, 03:13 PM
I'll give it a week from tomorrow until someone blows out a clutch while launching off the two step :D:p

sinhumane
09-21-2009, 03:54 PM
with any luck, i will be the first.

by the way, these should help tremendously for those that dont have wiring diagram access. color coded for dummies.

(note: this is for a manual car, you will follow the wiring except for the clutch switch)

BLOWN38
09-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Got mine too!:D Prolly won't install till the weekend.:(

fastsc92
09-21-2009, 09:34 PM
There are two wires you can use on the clutch switch. One provides a 5 volt signal, the other provides a 12 volt signal. I wired mine in today and used the 12 volt signal. It was the 3rd wire from the left in this picture ( the 5 volt wire is being shown in this picture, 2nd from the left):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/fastsc92/ed9bd0e0.jpg

The 12 volt signal will read zero when the clutch is up, and 12 volts when depressed. The 5 volt signal will read 5 volts when up and then 0 volts when depressed. If you use the 5 volt signal, you'll have to invert the clutch settings in the software in order to get it to work. Both signals work, (I tried them both today), as the threshold for the clutch signal is 3 volts. I chose the 12 volt source because I will be using a relay in order to disable my nitrous system when the clutch is depressed (otherwise it'll be spraying during all WOT conditions).

One thing is for sure...this guy makes my car shoot some solid 4' flames out of both tail pipes. Not too crazy about that, as I look like a ricer. I ended up turning down the TPS threshold to 2 volts, so that it triggers sooner and it much smoother (as I don't have to be at full throttle to activate it.)

I know in my original thread I said that one could use an ignition signal for the RPM source. This is not true. You must use an injector signal as the firmware is looking for 1 pulse every two crank rotations. If we used our tach signal, it would produce 3 pulses per revolution.

As another side note, when this two step is active, both my factory tach, and my shift light with the digital RPM reading goes whacky. It may just be my car, but I'd like to see what others are experiencing when using the two-step.

Tim Groth
09-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Received mine today also - Thanks again, I'll get it installed maybe by 2010 when I have the car finally up and running again. :D

Come on I know others are in the same boat.

-Tim

joker77_2005
09-22-2009, 12:57 AM
i cant access the global rev limiter , and how do we hook up the shift lite,i cant find anything on the website about it
mike

fastsc92
09-22-2009, 09:04 AM
i cant access the global rev limiter , and how do we hook up the shift lite,i cant find anything on the website about it
mike

Use the software interface and re-load the firmware. Then you should be able to modify the global RPM limit. I set mine to 3000rpm for testing and it worked. I did have the same problem though, as the box was greyed out until I reflashed it. Make sure you re-set the RPM information when you re-flash it.

The shift light wiring information can be found here:

Basically, you use a 9-pin serial cable and just cut one end off, or you can just buy the solder end and a shell and make your own cable from radio shack. It looks like you install the shift light LED inbetween pins 2 and 6, with the cathode end facing pin 2.

I have not yet tried this feature.

fastsc92
09-22-2009, 09:23 AM
It's confirmed with two people that we may have tach issues when using the two-step (and possibly the NLTS). It appears that cutting power to the coil pack is also effecting the functionality of the cam and crank sensors. The 12-volt line that runs to the coil pack is also the same line that feeds these sensors. I have broken power directly before the coil-pack however, and I'm not sure why these sensors are losing power. It does make sense though, that the RPM signal would go wacky if these sensors go south when the two-step is active.

joker77_2005
09-22-2009, 01:42 PM
so on a 5.0 dizzy where wud i hook the ignition signal wire to?
i tried the neg side of coil butt it shows me taching 8600 rpm at idle
mike

fastsc92
09-22-2009, 01:47 PM
so on a 5.0 dizzy where wud i hook the ignition signal wire to?
i tried the neg side of coil butt it shows me taching 8600 rpm at idle
mike

Ah...I have some new info. First off, the global RPM limit. This was disabled in the current firmware when using the "Other" ignition signal. It will be implemented in the latest version which I am being told will be out soon.

As for the 5.0....use an injector signal for an RPM source. The way the "other" signal is configured is that it is looking for 1 pulse for every two crank rotations. With a 5.0, a tach signal is giving you 4 pulse per revolution.

joker77_2005
09-22-2009, 02:36 PM
cool,yea my tach goes nuts too when i am on the 2 step,i cant even guess what its taching
butt i doo have everything up and going,a 3500 launch is pretty wicked
mike

fastsc92
09-22-2009, 02:38 PM
cool,yea my tach goes nuts too when i am on the 2 step,i cant even guess what its taching
butt i doo have everything up and going,a 3500 launch is pretty wicked
mike

what's your platform? I'm trying to figure out why the tach gets all messed up. I would think that if the crank and cam sensors are powered, it should still be getting some sort of RPM signal. But in your case, you're running a dizzy...so you should be still getting a tach signal.

joker77_2005
09-22-2009, 02:46 PM
stock platform 91 5.0 mn12 efi wireing in a 89 xr7 5pd,stock ignition,i have been wanting to put a big ole autometer tach in it,i may just have too
mike

fastsc92
09-22-2009, 02:48 PM
stock platform 91 5.0 mn12 efi wireing in a 89 xr7 5pd,stock ignition,i have been wanting to put a big ole autometer tach in it,i may just have too
mike

hmmm...interesting, because now you don't have cam and crank sensors like the SC and you're coil pack is entirely different, but you're experiencing the same issues. Is it possible for you to take pictures of were you tapped into the coil power? I'm going to assume that the other hook-ups are the same as the SC.

joker77_2005
09-22-2009, 02:58 PM
yea i just bought a laptop to use with the wot box,so i dont have access to pics rite this sec,i came about 2 inches off of the positive side of coil and cut and spliced the red and black in,i have them soldered butt crappy taped rite now.even with the no lift shift the tach completely dies and comes back when the engine does
mike

fastsc92
09-22-2009, 03:16 PM
yea i just bought a laptop to use with the wot box,so i dont have access to pics rite this sec,i came about 2 inches off of the positive side of coil and cut and spliced the red and black in,i have them soldered butt crappy taped rite now.even with the no lift shift the tach completely dies and comes back when the engine does
mike

I'll have to pass this info to the guys at N2MB. I thought it was a SC problem, but it's happening on a car that doesn't have cam or crank sensors either. Looking at the wiring diagram for your car (Wiring Here (http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repairinfo/repairguide/repaiguideOverlay.jsp?src=http://repairguide.autozone.com/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images/0900c152/80/06/bb/d7/large/0900c1528006bbd7.&imageType=gif&imageName=Fig. 27: Engine wiring-1991-93 5.0L)), the 12 volt wire to the coil also feeds another signal to the ignition control module at the dizzy. Messing with this signal would also cause the tach to go nuts.

Hmmmm..

sinhumane
09-22-2009, 04:37 PM
i'm guessing your ignition is similar to ours, in which case you would need to use an injector signal....

joker77_2005
09-22-2009, 10:31 PM
well im hooked up to the injecter for the ignition signal
a msd 2 step works off the negitive side of coil where as a wot box works off the positive side,im guessing the wot box is cutting positive currunt to the coil and giving it a ground which is messing with the tach signal,just a guess,im not a electrician.i am going to hook up an autometer tach and see what happens,with 3.27 gears the redline comes quick and the stock tach is too low to look at going down the track
mike

joker77_2005
09-22-2009, 10:37 PM
there again i have 2 wires on each side of the coil,yea they the same color butt they do diff things i guess
mike

fastsc92
09-22-2009, 10:40 PM
there again i have 2 wires on each side of the coil,yea they the same color butt they do diff things i guess
mike

I don't follow...

joker77_2005
09-22-2009, 10:42 PM
I don't follow...

negitive side of coil has 2 wires, and the positive side of coil has 2 wire
each side of the coil has a pair of wires the same color
mike

fastsc92
09-22-2009, 10:47 PM
negitive side of coil has 2 wires, and the positive side of coil has 2 wire
each side of the coil has a pair of wires the same color
mike

oh, the wiring diagram didn't show that, so I was confused. I think you're right about breaking the positive side of the coil vs. the negative side. Perhaps that is indeed causing the issues we are seeing.

fastsc92
09-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Update for everyone:

I've been in contact with the guys over at N2MB. There are some things in the works that will cater to our cars directly via the software interface.

We are working on a crank signal decoder to gather the RPM information which will provide a much smoother two-step. We are trying to make it work using the 89-93 hall effect crank sensor signal and/or the SPOUT signal. This will enable us to use the global RPM limits that are inactive in the current firmware when using "Other, Inj signal" as the RPM source. I'll be testing out this feature soon.

I do have a request though, I need someone with a 94-95 SC to try out using a crank signal on their car to verify if the decoder works for a VR trigger wheel. Contact me for more details.

I've been told that if you are still using an injector signal for the RPM source, that a new release of the firmware will be released which will enable you to use the rev limiter but there is no ETA on it at the momment.

joker77_2005
09-23-2009, 10:09 PM
what about for the 5.0 5 spd boys?maybe some way to hook the ignition signal up to the neg side of coil
ill be a guniea pig:D
mike

fastsc92
09-23-2009, 10:11 PM
what about for the 5.0 5 spd boys?
ill be a guniea pig:D
mike

If the spout signal works out, you can give that a try. I'll keep everyone posted.

joker77_2005
09-24-2009, 11:26 AM
i just got done trying a autometer tach and it does the same as the stock tach
mike

fastsc92
09-24-2009, 11:40 AM
i just got done trying a autometer tach and it does the same as the stock tach
mike

I figured that it would. We're working on the situation, but it think because we're pulling the power to the coil that it's messing up the signal. Makes sense at least. We need some electrical gurus to figure out a solution for us.

joker77_2005
09-25-2009, 03:33 PM
i dont know about blowing out the clutch,i do forsee some axles getting broke
mike

fastsc92
09-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Anyone else have a chance to install their's yet?

I did some messing around with it this past week. Even though the tach signal is whacky when the two-step is active, the signal that is datalogged through the EEC is clean and clear. It logs the set RPM within 10rpm. Therefore, whatever signal the EEC is getting is fine, and it appear that just the tach signal goes south when this happens.

Extended periods of the two-step throw code 212 which is an IDM signal fault error (tach signal). "Loss of IDM input to EEC or SPOUT circuit grounded."

bitemark46
09-28-2009, 09:47 AM
I got mine installed last week. When I went WOT the box would blink but when the clutch went in nothing happened. the 2 step didn't work either. Re-traced my connections and they all looked good. Got up underneath the drivers side and pressed in the clutch. The sensor that the clutch arm pushes in (little plastic piece that is spring loaded) had a bind in it and wouldn't fully extend causing the 2 step not to work. So I took it out, opened it up and took so sandpaper to it and got it to work right.

Once installed I tested the 2 step at 2,000 rpms. Felt weird to have the gas floored and seeing the rpms holding at a steady 2g's. lol. So knowing the 2-step was working I set it at my normal launch rpm (6600 for starters).

The WOT shift worked as well. However I left it on the default setting (350 ms). Even though I knew it "kills" the iginition I didn't expect it to completely kill the car. lol. It felt like someone disconnecting the battery. But it did shift fine. But, 350 ms was entirely way too long of an interval. I think I'm a pretty fast shifter (I normally powershift anyways and don't hit the limiter) so I think I'm going to try and lower it down to maybe 250 ms or 200 ms and see how that works. Installation was easy and straightforward. I have mine mounted in my glove box with the wires coming from the backside (like the guys 04 cobra in the video). I programmed mine manually and not on the interface. Takes a while since I have to go all the way up to 23 blinks for the 2-step. lol. But overall this is a great product and MUCH cheaper than the alternative MSD DIS boxes that seem to fail 80% of the time. Thanks for setting up the group buy.

Oh btw, this is on a 98 cobra.

-Mark

baer198
09-28-2009, 12:54 PM
how did it fell when you shifted at wot compared with out it , and what was the rpms? how did the syncros fell, a nice mess as if you shifted normal or?

bigpoppa822
09-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Something really strange is happening with my car. It won't engage the 2-step, but it will when I drive the car from a stop in first gear. It engages with the clutch up and the car moving. I have to shift before it hits 3k in first unless I turn the box off. I have absolutely no clue what is going on.

I tried the no-lift shift and thought I broke my car haha. I shifted hard from 3-4 and I have a short-throw in my car so i can grab gears fairly quickly. It cut the ignition too long and the car stumbled once I let off the clutch in 4th. I need to reduce the time it cuts the ignition.

joker77_2005
09-28-2009, 02:34 PM
yea i have my no lift shift on auto,i wont worry about it any until i get the nitrous add on
mike

fastsc92
09-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Something really strange is happening with my car. It won't engage the 2-step, but it will when I drive the car from a stop in first gear. It engages with the clutch up and the car moving. I have to shift before it hits 3k in first unless I turn the box off. I have absolutely no clue what is going on.

Your clutch switch isn't getting a proper signal, which I think is what is causing the issue. I've had no problems with mine. I haven't tried the no lift shift though. I wouldn't try that either until you get your clutch signal squared away.

bigpoppa822
09-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Your clutch switch isn't getting a proper signal, which I think is what is causing the issue. I've had no problems with mine. I haven't tried the no lift shift though. I wouldn't try that either until you get your clutch signal squared away.

I have the wiring diagrams for the car, I'll look at them and see what the deal is today, I haven't had the chance to since we installed it. I hope it's something minor. I wanted to see if the clutch signal needs to be inverted but I don't have a laptop to do it on.

bitemark46
09-29-2009, 01:24 PM
how did it fell when you shifted at wot compared with out it , and what was the rpms? how did the syncros fell, a nice mess as if you shifted normal or?

IMHO without the box I can shift faster. BUT, with the box it made going into gear easier. Without the box its pretty hard on the tranny. However, in the BOX's defense this was at the default setting of 350ms. So I think I'll try and set it to an interval that is the same duration as my normal shifting without the box.

Bigpoppa- Test it with the car off but leave the ignition on and watch the light in the box. For the 2 step it should be solid, push in the clutch then floor the gas (should blink) because the gas is at WOT. Then when you release the clutch it should stop blinking for second then start blinking again.

-Mark

fastsc92
09-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Bigpoppa- Test it with the car off but leave the ignition on and watch the light in the box. For the 2 step it should be solid, push in the clutch then floor the gas (should blink) because the gas is at WOT. Then when you release the clutch it should stop blinking for second then start blinking again.

-Mark

He's having issue with the clutch circuit on that car. The TPS threshold, and RPM source are fine.

bigpoppa822
09-30-2009, 09:26 AM
I have been having an electrical problem with my car prohibiting me from getting this to work the right way. My clutch switch does not have voltage flow through it, it completes a ground. I got the bright idea to use a relay, having the clutch switch when depressed make a ground and complete a circuit and I had 12v output to the box. Well, I used one of the red wires for the ignition circuit and it apparently blew up my computer. The car has a CEL and will not idle at all. I can't even read codes as the scanner just nonstop beeps when I hook it up, and my WOT Box flashes instead of being a constant light when it's on. I have a spare EEC in my garage, if it doesn't fix the issue then I did some serious damage.

fastsc92
09-30-2009, 09:54 AM
I have been having an electrical problem with my car prohibiting me from getting this to work the right way. My clutch switch does not have voltage flow through it, it completes a ground. I got the bright idea to use a relay, having the clutch switch when depressed make a ground and complete a circuit and I had 12v output to the box. Well, I used one of the red wires for the ignition circuit and it apparently blew up my computer. The car has a CEL and will not idle at all. I can't even read codes as the scanner just nonstop beeps when I hook it up, and my WOT Box flashes instead of being a constant light when it's on. I have a spare EEC in my garage, if it doesn't fix the issue then I did some serious damage.

Oh boy....

Chances are that the EEC is now outputting over 3volts TPS when powered up, causing the wot box to "think" you're at full throttle. I still think there is an issue with the clutch switch circuit on your car that needs to be addressed before any relays or anything are wired up.

bigpoppa822
09-30-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm going to swap computers today and pray that it fixes the running issue, then I have to look into the clutch switch.

joker77_2005
10-06-2009, 01:24 AM
any update on the updated version,or the nitrous controller?
mike

Thomas A
10-06-2009, 10:08 PM
If anyone missed out on this GP and would like to buy a single feature, launch control only unit, send me a PM. I have decided not to install the one I bought.

Thomas

fastsc92
10-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Did anyone try one at the shootout? Just curious...

I haven't spoken with anyone over at N2MB for a while now, I've been real busy on my end. I'll try to inquire about it soon.

super red91
10-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Used mine, other than the tack going funky, it kicked in right at 4K where is was set it, launched nice with 5psi at the line :)

oSCar3.8
10-24-2009, 09:35 AM
has anyone tested this at the track yet and want to share their difference in track times with the wot box installed?

joker77_2005
10-27-2009, 01:09 PM
i have a dual feature with a/c adapter up for grabs
80.00 shipped
doesnt work good on the 5.0 distributor cars
mike

DriftingThunder
09-12-2011, 03:40 AM
I am looking at putting nitrous on my car, is this still the recommended thing to have? The site still doesn't mention the nitrous add-on, and I really want a window switch! Thanks in advance!