MI Mechanic?!

SCchick3

Does anyone know a mechanic anywhere near Grand Rapids, Michigan?? All of the small businesses and dealerships can't figure out my braking system because they have NO knowledge of the cars and i can't seem to find anyone who knows anything about them...If someone knows ANYONE near this area, please let me know :( I don't wanna have to sell my SC....

I've tried calling your mechanic at the dealership, Greg, but he never answers his phone.....:confused:

I even called the service manager, Steve, and he put me into Greg's voice mail where I left my name, number, and message about your SC.....:confused::confused:

Maybe he's out test driving a car, or has greasy hands and can't answer the phone, but I'll keep trying Greg's number......

Lol wellllll i went in there the other day and they basically told me to get it out of there. They said no one could figure it out and the HCU was leading them on 'wild goose chases'....i'm on the look for new cars right now, but i'm hoping i can hold onto it :(

I've tried calling your mechanic at the dealership, Greg, but he never answers his phone.....:confused:

I even called the service manager, Steve, and he put me into Greg's voice mail where I left my name, number, and message about your SC.....:confused::confused:

Maybe he's out test driving a car, or has greasy hands and can't answer the phone, but I'll keep trying Greg's number......

That's because they are idiots and are only interested in working on warranty issues and new car maintenance.....:rolleyes:

Like I said in my e-mail.....

If you could get it to our shop, I could get her fixed....:cool:

Well....I have helped a lot of people solve their brake issues and am not that far from you. What are the symptoms? I work in South Haven and have the ability to read codes and sort things out for you. What year SC?

How much do u think it would cost to have a freight come pick up my car?? lol :)

That's because they are idiots and are only interested in working on warranty issues and new car maintenance.....:rolleyes:

Like I said in my e-mail.....

If you could get it to our shop, I could get her fixed....:cool:

brakes

hey i have been looking on here since 03 and love what i see..... i have a 90 sc with a few problems, i know that duffy has helped out some guys i am friends with and thier sc's and i was wondering duffy if you might be able to check out mine sometime, i would be willing to work with finances, i have some brake problems also and a bad vibration from the rear???? any help would be appreciated

Whats wrong with your brakes and can you describe the vibration a little more.....

Does the vibration come and go......

nope its always there but not really noticeable until 40ish..... then as you go up, the more violent it gets... felt like the car was going to wobble apart at 70.... the car was daily driven(weather permitting) for 3 and a half years and then over the coarse of 2 days it happend. and its been sitting for 2 years, due to lack of fundage, brakes is easy pretty sure its acc. ball, just need duffy to verify that soon.

Last edited:
Bad U Joints or axle CV joints, missing bushings in front of the diff, bad wheel bearings is all things I would be looking at as well as a bent wheel. Also check crossmember tranny mount.

Sounds like the belt in one of your tires has separated....

Take each tire off your car and slowly roll it on smooth flat pavement.....

The one with the belt problem will wobble and fall over....:cool:

I'll bet its one of the rears.....

Have tried to get a hold of SCChick3 to see if she solved her issues. Anyone know? Called a few times....no response.

Certainly plausible you have bad tires. Put that on the list!!!!!

I would still check out the "other" stuff if the car has been sitting as long as you say.

well, to be honest i dont think wheel bearings, ive never heard any kind of whine or grind or screech. i dont think the rim is bent because it wasnt like that before and i didnt hit anything when it started doing it, i thought it was the tires, with no tread and some belt hanging out on the area of wear due to tiny camber,(lowered)so i changed out the rear wheels with my parts car wheels with good tires, better but still there for sure, the suspention is shot, and none of the mounts have been changed, that could be the culprit, we'll see

Back