PDA

View Full Version : First run on a road course.

fturner
08-24-2009, 09:26 PM
At the local drag strip there's a nice road course that I've been looking at for a couple of years now and have wondered how well the ole SC would do....

I found out tonight :eek: :D and man that was the most fun I've had driving the SC. The instructors there said to go for a couple of laps but take it easy etc because I had never driven the car on a track like that so I did 7 laps ;).

The car was amazing. Even with the tires chirping on the corners, the car was rock solid and didn't give a feeling of losing it. Coming out of the corners onto the straight-a-ways the car just pulled and pulled and pulled and I easily hit over 110mph. I had to brake early though because I'm still running the stock brakes and didn't want to take a chance but I only experienced some brake fade. I did a cool down lap then parked the car and the front brakes where smoking :eek:.

My car felt very consistent and I didn't get that feeling of the IC etc getting heat soaked and the car slowing down. I wish I datalogged the ACT's etc.

All I can say is I have a new found respect for the car, and thats how well it handles.

I have a feeling tonight will not be the last time on that track either :D.

Fraser

fast Ed
08-25-2009, 10:17 AM
See, that's what I've been trying to tell you guys for years!! ;)

WAY MORE fun than drag racing.

cheers
Ed N.

ricardoa1
08-25-2009, 10:25 AM
See, that's what I've been trying to tell you guys for years!! ;)

WAY MORE fun than drag racing.

cheers
Ed N.

I agree. I had a smile the whole time when I did it.

fturner
08-25-2009, 10:38 AM
I now totally and absolutely agree :D.... I'm still smiling LOL!

Fraser

Plat0ribs
08-25-2009, 11:39 AM
I've been doing this with the SHO's for a couple of years, nothing better!

Mike Puckett
09-10-2009, 12:44 PM
I've had mine on Road Atlanta a couple of times and had a ball. I agree, it is much more fun than drag racing but oh so much more expensive. I've signed up with Chin Motorsports to get access to more track days. I wish I could afford to do it more often.

fturner
09-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I hear you about the cost thing as I've been looking at what I should do with the car if I go for that style of racing, and then the consumables :eek:.

Sadly though, I've been to the 1/4 mile twice since and I end up going home with a dissappointed feeling as it doesn't have the appeal it once had.

Fraser

Regul8r
09-10-2009, 10:00 PM
I am looking forward to putting the bird through it's paces!
I had a set of 245/50/16 on my old one and that thing would handle like a dream!

Want to get it on the drag strip just to run and feel that!
REALLY want to get it out on the road course.
Anyone know what it takes to get on the road course in Topeka?

fast Ed
09-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Sadly though, I've been to the 1/4 mile twice since and I end up going home with a dissappointed feeling as it doesn't have the appeal it once had.

Fraser

That's what I've always said ... what seems more exciting, going 100 mph at the end of a drag strip, or going through a corner at 100 mph? :D

cheers
Ed N.