2 Step Solution

super red91

Well I've been hiding it for 2 months but I will let everyone in on the secret :p

I stumbled upon this online while I was looking for a cheaper/easier solution for a 2 step instead of using the M$D. As you will notice the sc isn't listed under the compatible vehicles but what the hell I decided I would try it anyways and so far it works.

http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox

As for the installation its pretty straight forward:

Yellow- #6 Injector signal - I went to the #12 pin on the EEC since it was closest. See pic 2

Black - Ground

Black/Red - These two wires run in between the ignition power wire (Far left wire looking from the front of the car). Black goes towards the ignition, Red goes away from the ignition. See pic 1

Blue - Connect to the middle wire on the TPS sensor.

Green - Remove the clutch switch connector. Locate the second wire from the left (flat side of the connector facing you). See pic 3

After the wiring is complete, you will need to mount the WOT box, I choose to do this in the glove compartment since its hidden, but allows easy acces to plug your laptop into. See pic 4

You will then need a laptop to setup the # of cylinders (6 :p) and the rpm source (#6 injector signal). I cannot remember my exact setting for making the clutch/tps normal or inverted, but you can select READ and see the actual value the WOT box is monitoring. I have not messed with the no lift shift, but I am sure it will work since it is essentially the same as the 2 step.

Any questions just post them here, or email N2MB as they had excellent customer service when I was setting this up.

Oh yea the car makes 8lbs pretty easy at the line and sounds awesome doing it :D

Attachments

• IMG00241.jpg
    IMG00241.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 191
  • eecpins3.jpg
    eecpins3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG00249.jpg
    IMG00249.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG00245.jpg
    IMG00245.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 179
I will try this week, unfortunately I left my camera back in Cleveland so I don't have any real way of taking any vids.

I will check with some people at work though to see what I can come up with.

I can't believe how many people are interested in this, I feel excited for you guys haha :p

I'm glad you spread the word about this. Seriously...i have been looking for years and couldn't find a solution unless I bought an MSD, which I did a few months ago. I think its not as smooth as the MSD since the MSD drops random cylinders, vs. how this drops them all at the same time, but I was impressed at how smooth it is.

Thanks for getting it all started

Hey Ryan; were you driving your T-Bird north on Cleveland Ave in North Canton last Tuesday? I thought I saw you.

How is it running?

Hey Ryan; were you driving your T-Bird north on Cleveland Ave in North Canton last Tuesday? I thought I saw you.

How is it running?

That would be me, I live right off Cleveland Ave...I did'nt know you were so close.

Car has been great, I have been daily driving it all summer long so far without issue.

Glad everyone is jumping in on the group buy :)

Noob questions...

Is this strictly needed for racing or is there pros for street driving as well?
Would this be hooked up and running when daily driving?
Could this do any damage to the car when it cut cylinders?

Is is SO not a good time for me to be spending money on the car, but if I need it.....this group buy price is to good to pass up.

Its not so much needed on the street unless your always powerr shifting your car.:eek:

What it does for a 5 speed car is let you hold the gas wot while shifting with out the engine flaring up if your not that quick. Which makes it easier on the trans too.

For auto car you can stage and just press the gas to the floor and be confident it will always be at the rpm you want to launch at, same for a 5 speed. You can concentrate on the lights.

and the rev limiter, so if your street racing and miss a shift you won't tear up your motor.....

Ryan, I have my sc up here at school,my apaprtment is off arlington exit 120. Hit me up, cuz id like to see how this works and check out your car.

Back