Still having ignition problems

Mitch Z

Hey. I posted a thread last week thinking my problem was fixed. Because I don't drive my car that often, I thought it was.
But I've narrowed my problem down a lot.
The car runs perfectly fine and boosts 12-13lbs when its cold.
But when its warm - after 10-20 minutes of driving, the following problem occurs:

When the car is below 2000 RPMs, and if I give it a lot of throttle, it will stumble and fall flat on its face pretty much. It will slowly accelerate if I give it very light throttle.
But climbing up hills, it is EXTREMELY slow - unless I am above 2000 rpms.
If I'm above 2000 RPM's, it still stumbles, but doesn't fall flat on its face. The tach bounces as well.

I brought it to my friend who works at ford, and we pulled codes 212 and 216.
I was hoping to narrow this problem down so I don't go out and throw down more hundreds on parts on this car that I don't necessarily need.

I've replaced:
-DIS (other unrelated problem fixed by this)
-Spark plugs and wires
-Tried an ignition coil with the faulty DIS, determined the ignition coil wasn't the problem at the time - so I returned the ignition coil.
-I replaced the camshaft sensor a couple months ago, but the harness clip is broken.

This is what I have done

I had a similar problem where the car would "buck" really had and the tachometer would go all over the place. I replaced the cam sensor and all was well till the crank sensor went bad. I also had a problem where I thought it was the coil pack. I replaced the coil pack and it ran fine for about a thousand miles. It then cut out on me completely, my neighbor found that the seal from the original coil pack stayed with the plug and when I put plug onto the "new" coil pack it pressed the two together. I know some people are saying this can not happen, yes it did happen and it didn't feel overly tight. He pulled out one of the seals and the car ran fine till the HB broke and she sits in the garage till I can get a new one on. Hope it helps.

Back