What piggy back and software???

BKB

Have been using EEC-Tuner for 10 years with GUI software in a SC powered 94 Mustang using CCAQ or CCAQE i think its a C4J3 computer. Anyways the GUI being far superior to the EEC Tuner software is still lacking in a few areas. I cant adjust injector timing, few idle tags, and cant change HEGO settings. My issue now is poor idle recovery after costing in gear and stalling at times. This is after a cam swap. Seems my only option I know about is the Tweeker but it is also getting old and i dont really know how many tags it will offer over the GUI. SCT last time i played with it was identical to my GUI so it will do nothing for me. Quarter Horse sent me a e-mail saying it might work. After looking at some of the software they use it seems its also identical to my GUI but has a better more reliable board.

So what options are there???

The Quarterhorse is the best solution out there for the buck. Binary Editor (http://www.eecanalyzer.net/shop/) is the more popular software interface/GUI to use and it is currently being developed. Thus there are regular updates and it's an actively supported product.

I don't know if you get a better interface to work with when going big buck with FAST or TEC3.

Get a quarterhorse + Binary editor + definitions from http://www.sctuning.net/ and add a wide band o2 sensor and you get live data logging and the ability to tune more of your SC than has been possible before with EEC Tuner or SCT.

Tuning the EEC-IV is complicated which leads to complexity in the programs that do it. There are some great folks helping people out in the Tuning form of the member area.

Looking at Binary Editor CCAQE It is almost exactly like what im using now. Only has 2 more tags then what i have now, Fuel injector firing order and fuel injector hego selection. I guess i will try and contact Paul Booth to see if there are any plans to expand on CCAQE.

OK so i see CZAW0 is 94-95 SC and i see i can buy the DEF. from SCtuning. XR7 Dave do you know if this will work for my Mustang???

It will work, but you'd have to do some rewiring. I realize it sounds silly to go from EEC V to EEC IV but I don't see anyone stepping up to offer any development in the V6 Mustang group. In fact support for any EEC V Mustangs via BE seems really limited. I have the pinout/schematics for CZAW0 but not for the Mustang processor so I'm not sure what all changes you'd have to make.

OK did some digging. My computer is C4J2 EEC-V, I also bought a T4J1 EEC-IV
many years ago when i did the SC swap into my mustang. I made the adapter to use the T4J1 computer in my car. I never used the SC computer because right about then the EEC-Tuner came out and i was able to change what i needed to get the car to run. Its been so many years and moved 2 times I dont even know if i have the adapter anymore. I guess i will wait and see if any more support comes out for CCAQ.

Back