PDA

View Full Version : No start problem

godavid
08-26-2009, 10:53 AM
I've been driving my sc for nearly two weeks since I last had a no start problem. I was at the dealership getting an alignment. They had to put a jumper on it, three times. When it would not start it acted like there was no power to turn the engine over. The day before I had driven it several miles and then acted like it had not power to turn over the engine. I jiggled the shifter and light switch and power came back on to start it. I drove it last night a couple of miles and let it set for an hour and got in it to start it, no power. I jiggle the shifter (move it from park to neutral several times and the power came back. I drove it again a couple of miles and let it set an hour or so and it started right up. The ignition switch and cam sensor have been replaced. I'm thinking neutral safety switch but I wanted to run it but you guys, first, thanks for your input.

Mike8675309
08-26-2009, 12:41 PM
I've been driving my sc for nearly two weeks since I last had a no start problem. I was at the dealership getting an alignment. They had to put a jumper on it, three times. When it would not start it acted like there was no power to turn the engine over. The day before I had driven it several miles and then acted like it had not power to turn over the engine. I jiggled the shifter and light switch and power came back on to start it. I drove it last night a couple of miles and let it set for an hour and got in it to start it, no power. I jiggle the shifter (move it from park to neutral several times and the power came back. I drove it again a couple of miles and let it set an hour or so and it started right up. The ignition switch and cam sensor have been replaced. I'm thinking neutral safety switch but I wanted to run it but you guys, first, thanks for your input.

Possible issue with the neutral position switch. Car won't start if its not in neutral/park.

When you say it acted like no power, do you mean not enough power, or as though there was no power getting to the starter. I.e. just goes click or doesn't even go click, though dash lights come on.

godavid
08-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Sorry for the wrong statement, it had no power, no headlights, etc, no clicking nothing, until I move the shift lever to neutral a few times then the power started coming back gradually until there was full power to start it. thanks

sccrewzer
08-26-2009, 05:09 PM
A lady here at work had the same problem I cleaned her battery terminals and clamps it worked for a few weeks then it happed again. To make a long story short it turned out to be the security chip under the steering wheel it was dirty just cleaned it no problem since. (it was a 96 non SC.)

godavid
08-26-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm not aware of a security chip below the steering wheel