which clutch to get

Platinum90SC

i'm looking into centerforce clutches. should i get the centerforce 2 or the duel friction set. should i buy their throwout bearing or a different brand. Also...are there any other brand of clutches i should be looking at?
what do u use, recommend? thanks for your input.

i have a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch in my '95 5-speed, and i think i bought a new throw out bearing from the ford dealer. I've also heard that there are a few people using a LUK clutch, from what i hear they like those also, but i do like my centerforce.
I think the centerforce might have better performance, but shorter life, when the LUK has less performance but longer life. It's a toss-up, chose what fits your application, and you could check the differences in price.

Some Centerforce users have seen stress fractures form in their firewalls from regular operation of the clutch. In addition, others have questioned the quality control at Centerforce, as some clutches would slip & vibrate after being installed & broken in. LUK apparently has a better reputation, and I have not heard complaints of the force stressing the cars firewall. A few have even said a new stock clutch is more than sufficient for any non-race track applications..

I'd go LUK anyday, CFs are good clutches but over rated. CFs put pressure on the fire-wall, CF DF( CF I and II arent that bad for pedal pressure).They also slip quite a bit unless fully applied(because of the weights), for power-shifting they dont release as quickly , plus they dont have a linear feel. Only thing wrong with LUK is heavier pedal effort than CF I/30% and they cant hold under EXTREMELY HIGH power levels

Last edited:
Back