Tensioner Pulley Grenaded

Dahoopd

I finally chased the demons away and got the car running again and its running good except for an intermittent CEL light. The brand new dayco pulley decided to grenade. Must have been a manufacturing flaw. Made it home about 10 miles on 3 ribs.

Never ending but I have realized as pissed off as I get, I am not letting it get to me. There has to come a point where nothing breaks or is broken and the car wont give me any problems.

Attachments

• Picture 088.jpg
    Picture 088.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 144
That had to be making noise before that? Was that a plastic one? How worn out? I've heard of those plastic ones coming apart fast once they wear all the way through to the ribs.

That had to be making noise before that? Was that a plastic one? How worn out? I've heard of those plastic ones coming apart fast once they wear all the way through to the ribs.

It was a plastic pulley. It started making noise today and I couldnt make it to the parts store first. I ran a few errands and poof! Its was done. I bought a new steel pulley.

When I got it off, the bearing was completely seized. The belt was rolling on the bearing and almost melted through when I stopped.

Needless to say......On the road again. (who knows for how long)

Other than the clutch switch is giving me trouble and the door locks/mirrors/vanity lights keep blowing the fuse. I think I got the kinks out now. Im getting this thing to the track for its first ever run next Friday if it stays together.

Last edited:
It was a plastic pulley. It started making noise today and I couldnt make it to the parts store first. I ran a few errands and poof! Its was done. I bought a new steel pulley.

When I got it off, the bearing was completely seized. The belt was rolling on the bearing and almost melted through when I stopped.

Needless to say......On the road again. (who knows for how long)

Other than the clutch switch is giving me trouble and the door locks/mirrors/vanity lights keep blowing the fuse. I think I got the kinks out now. Im getting this thing to the track for its first ever run next Friday if it stays together.

Glad to hear your finally able to drive the car.

David

Back