PDA

View Full Version : Im gonna build this wheel...Comments??

cudaz101
08-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Im going to build the 612 in Gun Metal to start out. If the wheel is a charmer then we will do all finishes. I for one think they would look great on a Tbird, Cougar or MarkVIII.

I placed the order yesterday and its supposed to be 12 weeks in said oven...hehe

Specs will be 18X9 +36MM offset 5-4.25 Gun Metal.

http://www.freepicturehosting.com/is.php?i=697846&img=EUroMax612_GunM.jpg
CLICK HERE!! Series 612 (http://www.euromaxwheel.com/euromax_612.php)

Thx

Brad

fast Ed
08-28-2009, 11:32 AM
I've seen those ones in person at a local wheel shop. IMO they would look great on an MN-12.

cheers
Ed N.

XxSlowpokexX
08-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Nice Rim Brad Nice Rim

Toms-SC
08-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Those look great!

Toms-SC
08-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Brad, are you a dealer for Euromax?

super red91
08-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Nice rim...just seems too similar to the Boyd Smoothie :o

bigpoppa822
08-28-2009, 01:04 PM
I like them, but in my own personal opinion I think a different direction needs to be taken in producing wheels for the MN-12s. I have seen many cars with stock (or stock-ish) offsets and aftermarket wheels but the fitment is still nowhere near as aggressive as it should be, and the wheels look "set in" in the fenderwells. It almost gives the cars a cheesy look. Of course there are exceptions, like Nickleman's car on the front page. I believe we need wheels that give the car a more exotic look and command attention from people looking at it, we do drive really rare cars, some with stupid amounts of power too. If these wheels Brad is producing came in say 10" wide with a nice sized lip for the rear I would definitely be interested in these, but the way the wheel looks is nice but plain, and dare I say, kind of boring.

Just something to think about.

cudaz101
08-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Brad, are you a dealer for Euromax?

Yes I am Tom, but Euromax (Primax) is discontinuing this wheel. But the cast is available to me as long as I want to build it. So it will be somewhat exclusive to me.

Brad

cudaz101
08-28-2009, 01:29 PM
I like them, but in my own personal opinion I think a different direction needs to be taken in producing wheels for the MN-12s. I have seen many cars with stock (or stock-ish) offsets and aftermarket wheels but the fitment is still nowhere near as aggressive as it should be, and the wheels look "set in" in the fenderwells. It almost gives the cars a cheesy look. Of course there are exceptions, like Nickleman's car on the front page. I believe we need wheels that give the car a more exotic look and command attention from people looking at it, we do drive really rare cars, some with stupid amounts of power too. If these wheels Brad is producing came in say 10" wide with a nice sized lip for the rear I would definitely be interested in these, but the way the wheel looks is nice but plain, and dare I say, kind of boring.

Just something to think about.

I build a deep lip wheel thats a direct bolt on 18X10...??? Anything can be done if you are willing to sink the money into it, so take a leap if ya like. I have to build wheels for the masses as apposed to a few that dont mind rolling fenders, grinding, etc....

Just something to think about...

Brad

XxSlowpokexX
08-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Brad. Allot of us have changed to the stang pattern and would like a proper offset rim for the tbird with stang bolt pattern.

For instance I would love to have a 99 cobra looking rim with the proper tbird offset and perhaps in a 17*9 or 10 for the rear and perhaps an 8.5-9 in the front

Do many people ask you for something like that?

bigpoppa822
08-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Brad, I am not knocking what you do in any way shape or form. I love that you have such a devotion to this community and you turn out great products. Perhaps my comment was misdirected towards my frustration of major aftermarket companies not making wheels for our cars, but I meant in no way to discredit you. Keep up your great work. I just prefer a very aggressive fitment and stance when it comes to aftermarket wheels. I understand our stock offsets and fender construction do not really support that, however, and you work with what works without major modification.

cudaz101
08-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Brad. Allot of us have changed to the stang pattern and would like a proper offset rim for the tbird with stang bolt pattern.

For instance I would love to have a 99 cobra looking rim with the proper tbird offset and perhaps in a 17*9 or 10 for the rear and perhaps an 8.5-9 in the front

Do many people ask you for something like that?

I have some wheel options that use the same specs that are in 5-4.50. If Im asked I can deliver a few options. But obviously not everything is available. However this specific wheel is in a closeout with Euromax so I can get the 612 in 5-4.50 18X9 ($170ea shipped) w/+36mm offset in Silver Paint and 17X9 ($160ea shipped) Gunmetal or Silver paint with the same specs. But yea I realize that the hubswap is more common than ever.

Brad

Pablo94SC
08-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Damn those look sharp! What size tire are you going to mount to them to be close to stock height?

cudaz101
08-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Damn those look sharp! What size tire are you going to mount to them to be close to stock height?

same as everything else Paul...245-45-18 all four corners or 275-40-18 rears.

=)

Stupid Canuck
08-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Just saying...

One style we don't seem to have available for the MN12 is a 10+ spoke in a convex curved, radial/turbine pattern, similar to what's being used on the new Nissans and Audis. Combine that with machined surface of the spokes on a black background and it would be very contemporary. Would look good in just a medium grey too and unique in black chrome. The question is; how contemporary are MN12 owners?

There seems to be 2 camps of buyers between dish type wheels and no-dish but a dish seems linked to chrome or stainless for public acceptance (for now) and maintenance.

There isn't a lot of options for 20" wheels either. IMHO, 18's merely bring the car to current de rigueur, not SOTA, whether practical or not. A lot has changed in the last 2 decades.

Stupid Canuck
08-31-2009, 12:15 AM
Wrong again, there's a Touren model as described.

stevexr7sc
08-31-2009, 12:15 PM
very nice wheel, wish i had waited..Brad just keep em coming

David Neibert
09-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Nice rim...just seems too similar to the Boyd Smoothie :o

That's why I like them :cool:

David

super red91
09-01-2009, 05:19 PM
That's why I like them :cool:

David

And I like them also...

But if were going to go through the trouble to get a new wheel made, why get one that is EXTREMELY similar to a wheel that is already offered.

Am I the only one that thinks this :confused:

super red91
09-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Smoothie VS. 612

90MN12
09-01-2009, 06:59 PM
I like the rims nd think it gives n affordable option to those who wants the boyd's without the price. great rim choice.

cudaz101
09-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Red Im really sorry that this is so upsetting to you...:confused:

So....Anyways, Im building this wheel and its even going to be Hubcentric.

nice eh??

Brad

super red91
09-01-2009, 10:08 PM
It's somewhat upsetting because when I first read this post I was excited. I am in the market for new wheels, and was looking for something different to set the car off even more.

I have had my SC for 8 years now and love seeing new/different things being made for what is turning into a rare car. I know that alot of time and effort goes into developing new products (especially for our small aftermarket) and while this is a new product too me its not different from something we already have.

This is in no way bashing you, as you do alot for getting us aftermarket wheels. Just giving my 2 cents as this was originally what this post was intended for. I understand you cannot make everyone happy, maybe next time around...:)

BlownSix
09-18-2009, 10:45 PM
I really like these wheels. Now I'm torn between these and the Bullits (Bullet..? you know what I'm talking about lol) in a deep dish. But I think I'm one of the outsiders, I prefer a gun metal or charcoal instead of polished or chrome.

cudaz101
09-18-2010, 05:22 AM
So these have been built and are on the floor, actual photo of them below. The finish is a bit darker than the photo reveals with the help of the lighting. I personally am really happy with the color. They are hubcentric as well which is nice.

http://thecustomwheelshop.com/product_info.php/cPath/1/products_id/30
http://thecustomwheelshop.com/images/Talon1.JPG

Brad

ganuolfthegrey
09-18-2010, 11:25 AM
they kinda look like the new camero wheels. very nice

if you make these in a 17x7.5 i would definately get a set