PDA

View Full Version : Silver Springs All Ford Show January 9-10, 2010

SuperChicken89
08-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Here is the entry form for the 16th Annual Ford and Mustang Roundup. http://www.npdlink.com/modules/Silver_Springs/images/SSFORD.pdf In the past, we've had anywhere from as few as 2 or 3 SC's to close to 10. Lets try to plan ahead an get a good turn out this coming January. This should give everyone ample time to get all of our broken junk repaired:D Send in the entry form ASAP! The 1,000 free entries go fast. Mine goes inthe mail tomorrow!

Bryan

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-29-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm in are you guys staying for two days or just Saturday
:D i will fix all the broke stuff on my car by then
but you know by then there will be a hole new list of stuff lol :eek::eek:

Chris

SuperChicken89
08-30-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm in are you guys staying for two days or just Saturday
:D i will fix all the broke stuff on my car by then
but you know by then there will be a hole new list of stuff lol :eek::eek:

In the past as a group, we normally only do one day Saturday. I'll be going Saturday. I've entered two cars but really doubt we'll take both. That may leave us with an additional unused entry.

As a rule by January, the broken stuff will be fixed and the fixed stuff will be broken:D That is just how these cars operate... or don't operate:D

Bryan

Cobra85
09-02-2009, 09:29 PM
I've sent in mine for the 91.

onequiksc
09-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Sent mine in Monday. Let's see if they can make it 3 years in a row that they don't send me a confirmation card. :(

P.S. The SC lives. I went and pulled the whole master cylinder/ pump assembly off of Adam's car ( took about an hour) and had the shop put it in mine. They swapped out his bad accumulator and put my good accumulator on, and my brakes are working as they should once again.

The tech told me he found the pump was stopping at times, and he could rap on it and get it going. Sounds like the brushes were sticking/ worn out.

Thrilled to drive it again. Let's see if I can go a month without the next shoe dropping...:(

Gregthespy
09-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Sent mine in, still so far away that I'm unsure if I'll be in attendance but I figure I'd get my entry in now and decide that later!

kamakazie_1
09-09-2009, 11:59 PM
I stuck the thread, I'll get mine sent in this week.. Probably just one car, unless I rob that bank I've been looking at!! :D

RJ

onequiksc
09-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Awesome guys, of course, for me, the timing allows another 4 months or so for my car to break hard once again, so I'll be "cautiously optomistic" about actually being there.

I do enjoy that show though, especially the smell of the Giraffe pen. :P

SuperChicken89
09-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Probably just one car, unless I rob that bank I've been looking at!! :D
RJ

I hope it isn't the same one I've been looking at:D

Awesome guys, of course, for me, the timing allows another 4 months or so for my car to break hard once again, so I'll be "cautiously optomistic" about actually being there.

The same goes for all SC owners! Mine is done and on the road once again... everything actually works:D

I do enjoy that show though, especially the smell of the Giraffe pen. :P

Maybe we can get the organizers of the show to park us in the pen this year just for you. The Giraffe's do have that special aroma about them:D

Bryan

Flip
09-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Sending mine in this week.:cool:

Cobra85
09-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Sent mine in Monday. Let's see if they can make it 3 years in a row that they don't send me a confirmation card. :(

Why ruin a perfect record ? :rolleyes:

SuperChicken89
09-20-2009, 10:13 PM
I received my confirmations yesterday. I'm numbers 167 and 168:)

Bryan

INDANGERED_BIRD
09-21-2009, 06:22 PM

Bryan

how do they number these things i got mine fri and it is 333

onequiksc
09-21-2009, 06:28 PM
HOLY Shi....skebab! I received my confirmation Saturday!

They are ruining their consecutive record for NOT sending me one...someone there must ne new in the system. :P

I'm # 248

Gregthespy
09-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Got my confirmation and it looks like spots are filling up fast for the under 1000. I'm # 745 :eek: quite a gap from all the rest of you.

Cobra85
10-03-2009, 12:02 AM

Bryan

I received mine last week and am #169. How wierd is that.

kamakazie_1
01-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Ok, week away, where we meeting, who all is going for sure?? etc, etc..

RJ

onequiksc
01-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Cindy & I are going for sure. Unless it's a washout of course.

Getting my Mac mufflers put on this Wednesday, and I'll be as ready as I can be. I'm kinda scared to start/ drive the car this week though!..... last year was when I was doing headgaskets and didn't make this show .

We usually meet up at the dirt track on Rt 40 east of Barberville...8:00 to 8:30 ish...

Looking forward RJ

SuperChicken89
01-01-2010, 01:10 PM
We usually meet up at the dirt track on Rt 40 east of Barberville...8:00 to 8:30 ish...

Meeting 8:00 am at Volusia Speedway Park works for me. I still havent decided yet but we may be taking the SC and the Shelby. Both are entered and I have several Shelby friends attending as well.

Dan.... you want me to give you a wake up call Saturday morning?

Bryan

kamakazie_1
01-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Dan, meet you at WalMart as in the past?? What time?? Too bad nobody to do 360s in the intersections on the way this year!! :D:D

Look forward to seeing you guys, I might be bringing my brother in law, he's a car dude... Any body got an empty seat and ticket, Thomas might want to go??

RJ

onequiksc
01-02-2010, 12:53 PM
RJ, we can meet you at 7:45 at the Wal-Mart if you want. Let me know though so I don't wait unnecessarily.

Can't help on the extra seat or ticket since Cindy will be riding shotgun.

Bry, Cindy is typically up real early so no, no wake up call necessary. :)

At the risk of jinxing myself, I'm gonna go crank up the SC and run a few errands today.

kamakazie_1
01-02-2010, 01:09 PM
RJ, we can meet you at 7:45 at the Wal-Mart if you want. Let me know though so I don't wait unnecessarily.

Can't help on the extra seat or ticket since Cindy will be riding shotgun.

Bry, Cindy is typically up real early so no, no wake up call necessary. :)

At the risk of jinxing myself, I'm gonna go crank up the SC and run a few errands today.

Can we make it from there to the volusia speedway in 15 minutes??

RJ

SuperChicken89
01-02-2010, 02:21 PM
RJ, Bry, Cindy is typically up real early so no, no wake up call necessary. :)

I was referring to two years ago when you overslept:D

Had the SC out this morning and adjusted the throttle just a bit. It seems to be idling better now. Gotta love the cool mornings in sunny FL this time of the year. It feels like there are two additional cylinders under these cool conditions.

RJ.... I'll know better as the weekend approaches whether or not we have any additional tickets.

Bryan

onequiksc
01-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Can we make it from there to the volusia speedway in 15 minutes??

RJ

It's probably more like 20 minutes, so just get to Wal-Mart when you can and we'll pedal down as necessary. I'll be there by 7:35 or so...

kamakazie_1
01-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Ok Bryan, thanks... I'll be there Dan, your only like 35 minutes or so to the WalMart... I'll be there about 7:30 or 35 like you.. Everybody's cell numbers the same??

RJ

onequiksc
01-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Same cell # for me.

Flip
01-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Still have not received any confirmation, sent an e-mail to see if mine made it on the list. Have to watch the weather on going, cold does not bother me but the rain has been floating from Fri to Sat. Yesterday it was 60% chance on Sat.

I'm going up the center of the state, so as before I will meet everyone there.

Gregthespy
01-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Hey Guys,
I'm passing on this one, I closed on my house on Christmas eve and just got settled into the new place. I just got internet set up. I've got my registration if anyone wants to use it, I made it under the free registration. i guess that you may need my registration card or just all of my information to enter. :confused:
Saving all the money I can to get the barn set up as a new shop!;) I'll get some pics of the SC out in front of the barn once I get a chance to wash and shine her up.
Have lots of fun and I hope you don't freeze your butts off too badly!

Flip
01-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Greg, Congrats on the house:D:D

That's great, you sure did close on that one quick.:D

kamakazie_1
01-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Still have not received any confirmation, sent an e-mail to see if mine made it on the list. Have to watch the weather on going, cold does not bother me but the rain has been floating from Fri to Sat. Yesterday it was 60% chance on Sat.

I'm going up the center of the state, so as before I will meet everyone there.

Good to see your alive Flip, hadn't seen much of you.. Chris and I were talking about you yesterday... I guess you and Chris can go up the center of the state it's a lot closer than coming all the way out here or giong up to the Volusia speedway...

hope to see you guys there!

RJ

kamakazie_1
01-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Congrats Greg!! Did you get my VMail??

RJ

onequiksc
01-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Wow Greg, didn't know that was even happening yet...you work fast! CONGRATS!

SuperChicken89
01-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Congrats Greg! Glad to hear it worked out for you. Now you have a real Garage/workshop. Let the projects begin! Want an Atlas metal lathe for the shop? The price is right...FREE:D

Based on what I've seen predicted (guessed) for Saturday's weather, we may not be going to Silver Springs this year. I froze my a** off there back around 2003 and that aint gonna happen again this year. I've seen the predicted temps at about 46 degrees with cloudy skies. Not exactly my definition of fun if you know what I mean. We'll make that determination as Saturday approaches.

Bryan

onequiksc
01-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Yeah Bry, I hear you...well, CINDY hears you anyway...she's not exactly thrilled at the prospect either, she gets cold before any of us. 10 minutes, 1/2 hour is one thing...all frickken day is another...Yeah '03 will be burned in our memories forever! Bob Pringle sold his SC right after that, heheh, I think it sent him over the edge!

We'll have to see what's up as time goes on ...

If not, I sure hope it's warm by Waterford Lakes!

Gregthespy
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Want an Atlas metal lathe for the shop? The price is right...FREE
I'll take it! Been looking for a metal lathe for a while now and that price is in my budget! I'll have to contact you and get the details!:D

onequiksc
01-06-2010, 03:56 PM
I'll take it! Been looking for a metal lathe for a while now and that price is in my budget! I'll have to contact you and get the details!:D

...Greg, gotta watch Bryan...he's giving you the lathe, but the stand is $1200...

(J/K, Bry's been one of the most generous guys I ever met!)

SuperChicken89
01-06-2010, 04:06 PM

Greg..... Let me check with another friend who had shown interest in it 6 months ago when I offered it to him. He said he wanted it but everytime I asked him to come and get it he never has. Don't get your hopes up too high yet. You know how it goes.... now that someone else wants it he'll want it once again:rolleyes:

I'll let you know.

Bryan

Gregthespy
01-06-2010, 04:45 PM
would a 145 speedo help things ;)
J/K I respect that you're being fair :cool:
Let me know the outcome!

Flip
01-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Well the latest forecast shows rain on Friday with a high of 52. (great weather) and Saturday is shooting for a high of 44 here in Orlando, soooo what about 40-42 in Silver Springs...

Chris, RJ what are you guys thinking.. Bryan and Dan have already posted that they are very doubtful. Once you are there you are locked in for the day, no leaving early as I remember. I don't mind a little cold but being out in 40 all day might get old after 5-6 hours. :D

INDANGERED_BIRD
01-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Flip
not sure yet i want to see how Thur. and Fri. goes but if anything like today (and rj can tell you the only place warm at the dealership is in the spray booth and i cant get much work done there :eek:) i hate the cold and it was cold on the lot today :(

Chris

kamakazie_1
01-06-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry guys, I must have jinxed it last week when I was complaning about the mid 80 in Dec. in Florida... Christmas and new year is over, there's only a few months we can stand being at the shows without melting...

I've been cold since last Sunday, haven't warmed up yet!! I went in the computer room today to warm up, THATS JUST WRONG!!

I'm with Chris, I guess we'll see what Thursday and Friday bring, we all know Florida weather men SUCK!! But, I was so dying to show off my new attachment on the bird!!

RJ

Flip
01-06-2010, 08:40 PM
The local news called for mixed precipitation for Sat morning:eek: thinking the rain will carry over to Saturday morning when the next cold front comes though. :D I have been butt cold here in my little shop this week.

Flip
01-06-2010, 08:41 PM
But, I was so dying to show off my new attachment on the bird!!

RJ

Photo's always work.

kamakazie_1
01-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Sitting there listening to old Tom Terry and he says..... "I didn't think I'd ever use this icon on the forcast board" Friday night into Saturday morning, Mixed freezing rain / snow flurries / Ice.... And he's talking in Orlando... :eek::eek:

Ocala, 6-8 degrees cooler.. HUM..... :confused::confused:

RJ

Flip
01-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Yep, I'm out for sure. Going to spend the weekend doing the demo for our bathroom remodel and the 2nd bath that we are putting in.

Just lousy weather for a car show.

SuperChicken89
01-07-2010, 02:42 PM
I think at this point we are officially "not going" to Silver Springs this year:mad: I just checked the weather for Ocala on Saturday and they are predicting 42 degrees and cloudy. You can count me out! As mentioned in an earlier post, I left this crap behind 30 years ago when I moved away from the Garbage State and I'm not about to relive it now. This really sucks! I was really looking forward to this year with a good turn out of SC's.

As Dan mentioned, I guess we can start planning for the Waterford Lakes show. I'll post a link for the show information and entry form soon.

Bryan

Kurt K
01-07-2010, 03:39 PM
I have to admit that 42F for a car show would be pretty misserable even for us Yankees.

kamakazie_1
01-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I have to admit that 42F for a car show would be pretty misserable even for us Yankees.

LMAO!! Yea Kurt what is it in MO right now, like 3 degrees and snowing??

RJ

onequiksc
01-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Yeah, a "new" cold front is due down Friday night/ Saturday, they're even calling for SNOW FLURRIES as a possibility in some north central Florida locations!

Bry, Cindy is looking forward to Waterford for the shopping, me the cars, so I'll be there barring anything bad happening with my mother.

Will also give me time to get a couple more things done on my car.

Mufflers go on tomorrow, will look around and price out some stainless steel tips...

And yes, this does "suck" because I missed the Silver Springs show last year too.

Gregthespy
01-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Well, it's at least making me feel better about not being able to go since It looked like there was going to be a good turnout from the club. Still surprised about how cold it will be, I think this whole show will be pretty deserted given the conditions. :(

kamakazie_1
01-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Spoke to Chris tonight, we aren't going either, no need for flu symptoms, there will be other shows..

RJ

Kurt K
01-08-2010, 01:17 AM
LMAO!! Yea Kurt what is it in MO right now, like 3 degrees and snowing??

RJI tried replying about 45 minutes ago, but I was getting the "page not found" errors.

Anyway, it's supposed to be below zero tomorrow night:eek:

kamakazie_1
01-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Me thinks we made a wise decission folks.. I have mixed sleet in Mims.. :eek: Looks like Ocala is having light snow flurries.. We'd of been miserable being trapped in that park for 6 hours.. :(

RJ

Flip
01-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Heh, have sleet staying on the deck. It is going to be a miserable day there. Not sure how many would come out to just look at the show and they lowered the high today to 38.

onequiksc
01-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah, no regrets at all this time. Really strange how this day is likely the coldest day of the last year, and the '03 Silver Springs show Bryan mentioned was also easily the coldest that year. Talk about a mathematically cyclic event!

Sleeting here as we speak. At least the precip is due to end this afternoon, but the cold air will not.

SuperChicken89
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Where were you guys? I waited at Volusia Speedway Park for over an hour and nobody showed:mad: Then I decided to go to the show solo and there was no long line at registration:rolleyes: After I parked, this year there was no issue with finding a prime spot, it took all of 5 minutes to look at the 12 cars there. After calling in the FAA for deicing, I headed home.

I guess I'm the only diehard here in balmy Florida.... when will winter ever arrive?:eek:

Bryan

onequiksc
01-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Haha Bry,

I really am curious on how many showed up. I bet about 10% who came in from far away and decided to just go through with it since they made the financial obligation on a hotel etc. anyway.

I can't even imagine driving a show car an hour or two on black ice!!!

SuperChicken89
01-09-2010, 02:21 PM
I really am curious on how many showed up. I bet about 10% who came in from far away and decided to just go through with it since they made the financial obligation on a hotel etc. anyway.

I know as of last evening the Sunshine State Cougar Club was still planning on attending as well as the Mid-Florida Mustang Club. I received last minute updates from both clubs regarding their amended meeting times and places. I laughed when I read the emails thinking they were crazy for even considering it.

I checked the weather for Ocala just minutes ago and the temperature was 34 degrees with a mix of sleet and snow. Sounds wonderful.... I'm getting ready to head that way now it sounds so good:D

Bryan

onequiksc
01-09-2010, 05:53 PM
...and we thought WE were nuts....