Kooks longtube gaskets

nickleman60

What gaskets does everyone use with their longtubes? I just installed a set of Fel-Pro exhaust gaskets #95528 made for a mustang and went around the block and blew #6 exhaust port so now I have a leak. Double checked to make sure the bolts were tight and they were. Has anyone ever doubled up on exhaust gaskets? What's a good set up for the longtubes?

What gaskets does everyone use with their longtubes? I just installed a set of Fel-Pro exhaust gaskets #95528 made for a mustang and went around the block and blew #6 exhaust port so now I have a leak. Double checked to make sure the bolts were tight and they were. Has anyone ever doubled up on exhaust gaskets? What's a good set up for the longtubes?

I used the Felpro SC exhaust manifold gaskets with copper RTV on both sides. Had a leak on my longtubes when first installed and it turned out that nearly all the bolts were bottoming out before tightening the header flange. After re-tapping all the holes and blowing out the crud with compressed air the second set of gaskets sealed fine.

David

Back