MAF voltage ?

Kevin Leitem

last week at the track i finally got everything working right. I been chasing a lean condition for a while. but since the engine was running much better the SC tensioner moved far enough that the belt rubbed together and completely removed all the ribs. my MAF voltage was around 4.75. and ran a 6.83. now this week i shimmed the blower up a little and kept the belt from touching but it only ran a 6.81 and a 6.82. but the MAF voltage was at 5 the whole run. AF ratio was the same on the runs for both weeks.

my question is do you think the computer is taking timing out because of the pegged MAF meter? based on the higher voltage I was getting more air into the engine. AF stayed the same. so the only logical solution was retarded timing.

Timing would not be retarded in that case. The EEC only looks at WOT - ACT - ECT - Knock to determine final spark. It is possible that you are commanding too much spark advance for the flame speed that you have. Higher boost requires less advance because the flame travels faster.

Is it possible that hitting a 5v on your MAF was outside the range of the accounted for tables in your tune? Just thinking about how hitting a 5 might change things.

Back