New crank sensor. Need info on how far to gap it.

MustangJake88

My new crank sensor just came in. What should this thing be gapped to when I put it on? I remember doing the one on my SHO with a feeler gauge but I dont think I set it right because after I sold it to my buddy, the sensor went out again. I wanna make sure this is done the RIGHT way :)

All it needs is an air gap on either side...center it and spin the crank carefully by hand to make sure it has clearance/doesn't rub/hit.

I used an end piece of cardboard off a spark plug box to set the air gap. Then checked it by manually rotating the crankshaft.

good enough.

I used an end piece of cardboard off a spark plug box to set the air gap. Then checked it by manually rotating the crankshaft.

good enough.
Yep, I looked at where the old marks were from the bolts on the old crank sensor and matched them up on the new one. They were set RIGHT in the middle of the silver bolt holes on the crank sensor. Stuck it on, cranked it over a little with a breaker bar and a socket, listened for any rubbing, turned it over and no more upshift light :D But still no start :mad:I think I got a fuel problem

Back