This is what happens..............

nickleman60

..........when your DUMB XXX forgets to check the hood pins........:eek:

I've seen it happen to others on here over the years so add my dumb azz to the list.

I still plan on making the Shoot-Out but my car won't be looking the same as it did. I'll get a new windshield put in, the dents in the roof don't look like they're affect the sealing, and I'll stick a primered stock hood on for the trip. I don't know if and when I'll make it out there again, hopefully to get a tune this time, so I'm coming, primer, dents and all.
Afterwards I'll determine what route I'm going to go, new hood or fix old hood (if repairable), fix roof and a new paint job while I'm at it, been needing one anyways.

Attachments

• damage 007.JPG
    damage 007.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 232
  • damage 006.JPG
    damage 006.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 201
  • damage 005.JPG
    damage 005.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhhh that's terrible. I've had it happen too. What can we do to stop the carnage????? :mad: What a waste.

maybe some one could fab up some sort of hood pin light for the inside of the car. say if your pins are not on the hood a light inside the car will stay on, just throwing out some ideas. it really sucks for the car because it always seems to happen on a really nice one....

Dang it man, that really sucks! Glad that when it happened to me I was driving someone elses car... and the only damage to that car was the hinge holes ripped out on the hood and it landed in the grass.

We were lucky, we got to laugh that one off. Doesn't take long for them to lift off. Hit 2nd gear in Tim's car and there was a flash of white... I was like what the he$$ was that. Tim said my hood... my face:eek:. We went and picked hood up nothing was broke so we started laughing.

maybe some one could fab up some sort of hood pin light for the inside of the car. say if your pins are not on the hood a light inside the car will stay on, just throwing out some ideas. it really sucks for the car because it always seems to happen on a really nice one....

I'd probably wouldn't even see a light so I call it as I see it.................

Last edited by a moderator:
Back