t90p-50-ala

rgtrough

Hey guys, I just posted this in the new member section but I don't know if anyone ever reads those. I just bought a '93 SC for my son to play with. He replaced some brake lines and now we are in need of the abs bleeding adaptor tool. Where can I buy one? I've searched google with no luck. Did a search of Rotunda tools still no luck.
Thanks for any info.

peace Bud :cool:

Go to the search function in the technical forum. Type in "bleeding brakes"
There will be many posts on how to do it, there is no special tool needed.

93's had the Teves Mark IV ABS. You need the tool if the brake system has been opened as you describe. You can find them periodically on eBay. Thexton also made a compariable tool which is used to run the ABS Pump Motor and cycle the solenoid valves in the Valve Block to ensure the ABS Unit itself is clear of air.

And just so you know....when you do the bleeding/purge of the ABS Unit with the tool you unplug the harness going into the ABS unit and plug it into the tool. The ABS unit is inside the driver's side fender under the battery box and you have to pull the inner fender liner to get at it. The tool only goes in one way onto the harness so you can't mess that up. The instructions in the Ford Shop Manual are not all that clear (at least to me) as to how it is all hooked up for this bleeing operation. There is then a procedure to go through to actually bleed the ABS unit.

The same tool can be used in combination with a breakout box to do resistance measuring of all the wiring in the system from the computer through-out.

Back