Why is my car smoking?

MustangJake88

So, I finally got my car running last night. I let it sit and run for about ten minutes. It smoked for a few minutes when I started it up. Out the exhaust and from the motor. The car hadn't been started in maybe over a couple years. So I backed it out of the garage today and let it idle for a bit hoping to burn whatever bad gas out that was left in it and I noticed the smoking has gotten worse. It's coming from both sides of the motor down near the exhaust manifolds. Could this be blown head gaskets? There is no water in my oil and my coolant bottle isn't overflowing like symptoms of a normal blown head gasket situation would show. I'm kinda nervous here. Can anyone help me out?

Get a fire extingusher if its not comming out of the tailpiles its just oil and other junk sitting on the manifolds burning off. I would run it with a extingusher next to you :eek: It shoud just vaporize and tame down. I get scarred too but it burns away. leaking valve covers will cause oil to drip onto the exhaust and cause that.

I think that's what it is. Dealership told me there was only the ICRM wrong with this car...WRONG! All the brakes need redone, the power steering pump is going out, the shifter needs rebuilt, the crank sensor was bad and now it's smoking. Ugh! I hope this list of things that are wrong STOPS where it is! :mad:

I think that's what it is. Dealership told me there was only the ICRM wrong with this car...WRONG! All the brakes need redone, the power steering pump is going out, the shifter needs rebuilt, the crank sensor was bad and now it's smoking. Ugh! I hope this list of things that are wrong STOPS where it is! :mad:

Rocker cover gaskets are probably leaking and oil is dripping down onto the exhaust manifolds.

David

Rocker cover gaskets are probably leaking and oil is dripping down onto the exhaust manifolds.

David
That's what it almost looks like. I noticed the lips on my valve covers are pretty sludgy. I'll pick up some good Fel-pro gaskets for them tomorrow when I have my rotors turned.

Back