were can i find a racing clutch

Ringosc

im looking to replace my clutch and no body around me can get a racing clutch or a heavy duty clutch NEED HELP

What year SC?

If you have an early model (93 and earlier) I recommend a Centerforce Dual Friction. If you have a 94-95 I would not have a recommendation for a pure racing clutch. Centerforce only made the Centerforce II and they are supposedly obsolete. Some have gone with the SPEC Stage II but there are multiple reports of them being "grabby".

What year SC?

If you have an early model (93 and earlier) I recommend a Centerforce Dual Friction. If you have a 94-95 I would not have a recommendation for a pure racing clutch. Centerforce only made the Centerforce II and they are supposedly obsolete. Some have gone with the SPEC Stage II but there are multiple reports of them being "grabby".

Although I have not used my slicks very often my new tires are grabby and I have yet to kill the Centerforce II on my car. I also know that Mike Irving uses this on his AR powered car and had never complained and he races alot more then me. I think its wonderful clutch ive been waiting for it to fail but it has not :D Knock on wood.
Are you sure its being dropped?

I tried to buy one (Centerforce II) for my 95 last year through Summit. Was at their store in OH when I tried to get it. While it still showed up in the Centerforce catalog for 2008, when they called and tried to order it they were told it was obsolete.

Some have gone with the SPEC Stage II but there are multiple reports of them being "grabby".

I agree with this statement fully. I have a stage II and its one grabby XXX. Its gotten better with some miles, several thousand, but I like it. It does have a really heavy pedal feel so stop and go traffic really sucks with it. BUT, it has never slipped and has taken all the abuse I have put it through so far, so when its time for a new clutch I will be going with the same as I have now.

Last edited by a moderator:
You want a racing clutch? I have one you can have for $50 budcks shipped with only a few thousand miles at best.

Be prepared to break transmissions!

Back