PDA

View Full Version : v6 tru dule

Ringosc
09-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Is it possibe to make a 92 sc with the 3.8 tru dule exhaust

Has any body out there done this challenge

thunderkid84
09-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes it's possible. Use search at the top of the page. :-)

starmantv
09-03-2009, 12:50 AM
my 90 sc has 2.5 in all the way back. midlength headers, high flow cats, magnaflow x resonator, and factory style mufflers. this combo is great a little rumble no raspiness. there is a kit on ebay that is the dual pipes that go thru the tank. you need to get a later model gas tank but all in all well worth it.

sinhumane
09-03-2009, 12:57 AM
yours isnt true dual.

there is a company that offers a true dual back half, and the front is up to you. but you have to have a late model tank to fit them.

but.. that said, it flows FANTASTIC and sounds good with the right setup paired with it. i have a pair of flowmasters at the rear, with a pair of flowtech raptors in the middle, catless downtubes. still needs completely sealed up, but it sounds good and isnt obnoxious.

starmantv
09-03-2009, 01:30 AM
aside from the x pipe it is a dual all the way back

thunderkid84
09-03-2009, 08:52 AM
aside from the x pipe it is a dual all the way back

He's saying that REAL true dual exhaust has no X or H pipes connecting the 2 pipes.

Sinhumane, could u make a sound clip of yours ? We have pretty much the same setup.

89_Red_Xr7
09-03-2009, 11:28 AM
there is a kit on ebay that is the dual pipes that go thru the tank. you need to get a later model gas tank but all in all well worth it.

The ebay kit works well but if you really want it to sit up in the tank well and not hang down be prepared to do some cutting and welding of them :D

sinhumane
09-03-2009, 11:32 AM
mine fit perfect and doesnt hang... my mufflers in the middle on the other hand do. i'll snag a sound clip if i get the chance.

89_Red_Xr7
09-03-2009, 11:35 AM
mine fit perfect and doesnt hang... my mufflers in the middle on the other hand do. i'll snag a sound clip if i get the chance.

Maybe they have a crappy jig or some other issue. Mine wouldnt sit flush in the tunnel without cutting. :rolleyes: At least it's available and fits without too much hassle, unlike anything else made for these cars.... ever....:D

Edit, I've also got some sound clips of my 94 with a "dual system" I can put up if I get some time tonight. System goes from 2.25" collector to 2.5" catalytic converters leading into an 18" long magnaflow 'X' resonator. Dual pipes from there back to a pair of 18" magnaflow mufflers.
Car is near silent at idle, has a nice tone on revs, and under load sounds good while still being quiet enough to hear that sweet sweet blower whine :D