question about bhj difference between stock bhj and BHJ SFI

BECERRASC

hey i was wondering about this 2 bhj's

i know that bhj sfi is for racing engines for 6500 RPM

my question is can i use one of these i a stock engine???? with out harm my engine???? thanks in advance for your help guys

Yes....you can use a SFI certified version but why would you want to spend the extra money for something you most likely don't need?

Is there actually a physical differince in the SFI version vs. the regular one ? I understand they are certified for whatever RPMS and have an SFI number, but is the actual part the same and your just paying extra for the SFI certification or is it made differint ?

David

They are different. The SFI balancer has to have something to retain the weight other than the rubber. They are pressed together in a way that encapsulated the rubber so they can't fly apart. They also have more weight in the outer ring to absorb vibration at higher rpms.

When they first came out, weren't the timing marks corrected also (verses the other version)? I'm not sure what's going on with either of them now...

I bought and installed the SFI version on my 89, like already mentioned - works just the same.

on my bhj they do have the correct timing marks on it as the directions on here to mark for 26 degrees btdc. and i bought it at the beginning of this year.

Back