PDA

View Full Version : 95 SC to run with a 92 clutch & fly wheel???

Ryan A Harris
09-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I have a 95 SC, I want to run a 92 clutch & flywheel, becuase I have a line on one that is cheap. I know the daimeter is different from the early SC's(11") to late ones(11-1/2"), thats why I need the flywheel to match the clutch. I do recall a few years back that the fly wheels are matched or balanced for each motor. So my question is are the flywheels balanced to match the rotaring assembly from FORD, or can I swap in this 92 assembly and be doe with it. I do have the option of balancing the flywheel to make it zero balance, but until I hear from the SC pro's I want to hold off on this.

My memory on these cars has faded over the years, and I simple cannot recall all I once knew about them. Please let me know my best options here. I do not have the cash to buy a new clucth or else I would do that. I am tring to have the stock transmission rebuild, so most of the cash flow has been heading that way.

Thanks for the input.

BRIAN WALTER
09-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I know the early model clutches will fit on later model flywheels.....I think the flywheels are the same size? Otherwise there may be issues with the starter

XR7 Dave
09-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Flywheels are not balanced to the motor. Feel free to mix and match however you want.

LukewarmSteak
09-04-2009, 08:08 AM
balancing the flywheel is pointless - unless something significant has happened to it...